• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 2: Brumbies vs Sharks - GIO Stadium, 4 March @ 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Yeah - feeling ok mst. Thanks for your concern.

Wasn't altogether disappointed with Toua's game, but it looks like time to make some changes to the backline. Forwards are going ok except for some of our lineouts.

Your alternative suggestions would certainly be worth a look by the coaches too.

I have been more than a little put off by JJH's lack of size in Super Rugby, and he did show some defensive lapses last year. He does look to be willing to take the defense on when in possession and has quite a good step, so I'm hoping that he's been able to address his tackling technique over the off season. In attack, I believe he would offer more than Godwin has shown in the past two games.

Reactions: mst

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I agree with many here, the Godwin thing puzzles me.
He had a very promising debut season, but really nothing since. Even in the NRC last year he was very pedestrian.

I thought there were a few positives for the Brumbies. Fardy had a very strong game (still never fails to give away a couple of penalties), Powell was very good, TK was good but they had trouble getting him involved, and I thought it was one of the better games I've seen Toua play. Arnold is good when he gets involved, but seems to drift in and out of a game.

When you get your proper front row back, the main thing left is to deal with what I perceive as a weakness at 10 and 12. If the Brumbies can do that, they will win plenty of games this year.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Actually though Hawera was quite good at 10. He certainly has the inclination to take the line on when he sees an opportunity, and his defense seems to have tightened up. His restarts were all well directed with a lot of height. Pity the others didn't compete for the ball.

Inside centre looks to be the main issue atm in attack. Backline defensive format needs to be improved out wide. Too many easy metres made by the Sharks simply passing to their outside men.

Next week against another Aussie side will be a better indication of where the Brumbies are in our conference. Especially against the conference leaders!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, Hawera is going OK.......... looking better than Bachop over at the Rebels.

Godwin needs to lift his game........ hopefully some pressure coming through on him from JJH and even A Fainga'a will lift his game.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Still cant believe the Sharks beat the mighty Brumbies @ home. This will set them up for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.