• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 2: Brumbies vs Sharks - GIO Stadium, 4 March @ 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Referee: Angus Gardner
AR1: Jordan Way
AR2: Ed Martin
TMO: George Ayoub

Scott Sio in doubt again this week so expect Nic Mayhew to retain his starting spot.

Could be some changes on the bench with Jarrad Butler coming in.

Sharks are without Etienne Oosthuizen who was suspended for 2 weeks out of the Reds game.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
What was the charge against Etienne? Was it related to the head high tackle on Kerevi, or to something else?

Disappointed with Toua's defense last week - any chance of Banks at least on the bench?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
What was the charge against Etienne? Was it related to the head high tackle on Kerevi, or to something else?

All I could see was a scuffle with Rob Simmons but haven't seen exactly what it was for.

From the SANZAAR Wheel of Misfortune release:

"Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, including all camera angles and additional evidence, including from the player and submissions from his legal representative, Attie Heyns, the Foul Play Review Committee upheld the citing under Law 10.4(a) Striking another Player with a hand, arm or fist."

"With respect to sanction the Foul Play Review Committee deemed the act of foul play merited a mid-range entry point of 4 weeks. However, taking into account mitigating factors including the player’s good disciplinary record and early guilty plea the Foul Play Review Committee reduced the suspension to 2 weeks."

"The player is therefore suspended for 2 weeks, up to and including the 10th March 2017.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Ninth minute of the game with what appears to be a forearm or elbow to Firsby's head.

I believe its this:

Capture.JPG

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Etienne was certainly involved in a lot of niggle on and off the ball. He was very fortunate to have officials who just didn't register his indiscretions. Otherwise, he would have and should have missed time in the match as well as the two next games.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Honestly Hawko, if that's the case, what does it say about the Reds coaching staff and their concern for the health and safety of their players?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Honestly Hawko, if that's the case, what does it say about the Reds coaching staff and their concern for the health and safety of their players?

There isn't a tongue-in-cheek emoji. I thought Frisby's performance last weekend was utter shite and he should have been pulled before half time. Slow delivery to his 10, dreadful box-kicking, didn't listen to the ref's calls etc. etc. He dragged the whole team down and frittered away 60% possession with his performance.

The rest of the Reds backline didn't look half bad.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
No changes in the 23 for the Brumbies

1. Nic MAYHEW
2. Josh MANN-REA
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Rory ARNOLD
5. Sam CARTER
6. Scott FARDY
7. Chris ALCOCK
8. Jordan SMILER
9. Joe POWELL
10. Wharenui HAWERA
11. James DARGAVILLE
12. Kyle GODWIN
13. Tevita KURIDRANI
14. Henry SPEIGHT
15. Aidan TOUA

REPLACEMENTS
16. Robbie ABEL
17. Ben ALEXANDER
18. Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN
19. Tom STANIFORTH
20. Lolo FAKAOSILEA
21. De Wet ROOS
22. Andrew SMITH
23. Isaac THOMPSON

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Where is Scott Sio? - thought he had a minor hamstring (I didn't know front rowers actually were born with them) stain and was only out for the first game.
Is it more serious ?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
He is still injured but not sure how bad that hamstring is. I guess there's enough cover there so no real need to rush him back

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Didn't mention him specifically but there is a Runners game on Sunday so might be in that but Larkham did say there are a few guys pushing for selection but sees no reason to change from last week after the effort they all put in.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The effort last week was enormous, right across the park. Why change anything (unless injuries occur)

Can build on the other shit but having your players committing with real effort and passion for the jersey is the hardest thing to instil week in and week out

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
If I'm not mistaken, Saia was originally included in the squad last week but pulled out on the death of his father(?). Wouldn't be too much disruption to the team imo to reinstate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.