• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 15 - Chiefs vs Waratahs @ The Tron - Saturday 5:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
At least the tahs are looking more competitive at the moment. I was worried leading into these games and the boys are putting in the hard yards it seems. Could have won all three games so far and would have been at 2 if not for the dubious calls in the first NZ game.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Fun game. All over the place.
Wacko Jacko has no idea how to ref forwards. Just leaves them to it. Couldve sworn the Beale pass for 2nd try was forward? And Dmac lost it for his try? Oh well, says Jacko. "Yeah whatever, play on, let the players decide it." How the fuck he's managed a gig reffing his old team is just comical. The seppos etc would be incredulous. "Look, I know you've got a small population but surely you could find SOMEONE else to referee the match rather than an ex-player from the home fucking team." It's like if Wayne Rooney rocked up to Old Trafford in 5 years time wielding a shiny new Acme Thunderer.
There probably isnt anyone else eh. Who the fuck wants to be a ref?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Fun game. All over the place.

Wacko Jacko has no idea how to ref forwards. Just leaves them to it. Couldve sworn the Beale pass for 2nd try was forward? And Dmac lost it for his try? Oh well, says Jacko. "Yeah whatever, play on, let the players decide it." How the fuck he's managed a gig reffing his old team is just comical. The seppos etc would be incredulous. "Look, I know you've got a small population but surely you could find SOMEONE else to referee the match rather than an ex-player from the home fucking team." It's like if Wayne Rooney rocked up to Old Trafford in 5 years time wielding a shiny new Acme Thunderer.

Can't be too hard, can it? Rasta was over here for tonight's game. Wouldn't be hard to schedule him for the NZ game and for Jacko to have the Reds/Highlanders. Surprisingly, had that happened, the Reds would have ended up with the better referee. Rasta is very poor at 7s and really doesn't have a clue about, or a feel for the 15 man game.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Just not right Derpus. They manage to bring SA refs over for most, if not all, the Aus v NZ games, but I can't remember the last time there was a neutral ref for NZ games against Aus in NZ. And it's not a matter of having the best refs. All NZ refs are on par with the worst of the Aus and SA refs.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just not right Derpus. They manage to bring SA refs over for most, if not all, the Aus v NZ games, but I can't remember the last time there was a neutral ref for NZ games against Aus in NZ. And it's not a matter of having the best refs. All NZ refs are on par with the worst of the Aus and SA refs.
Yeah i was being facetious.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Tahs - too many errors and some pretty poor decisions at crucial times; also some pretty good play at times. Chiefs - too much class, better kicking game, clearly better overall. Still hurts, though. That steal from Retallick was a killer. He's not a bad player. ;)
That's pretty much how I saw the game.
Tahs still a work in progress, but I can actually watch them now.
I was literally doing chores in preference to watching them earlier in the season.

Not sure if they are improving or the kiwi sides suit them (or me?) better, but it's certainly more enjoyable to watch.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)

I know you just pulling our leg Derpus, but I have had a look at NH rugby sites, Saffa sites, and even Mungo sites and guess what, almost everyone of them is full of posters whining about refs, so we all have to accept that for all sports all the only real good refs seem to sit on their arses at home huh?:D

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I have to say I only saw the second half at Suncorp before the Reds match, it looked a pretty good game of rugby to me. I continue to be amazed at Folau's ability under the high ball and realised he doesn't actually jump higher than other players, just reaches high and takes the ball well above his head, great skill!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That's pretty much how I saw the game.
Tahs still a work in progress, but I can actually watch them now.
I was literally doing chores in preference to watching them earlier in the season.

Not sure if they are improving or the kiwi sides suit them (or me?) better, but it's certainly more enjoyable to watch.

I think they're improving but they lack some polish. Defence scrambles quite well but got a bit ropey at times. They were close.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I also have to add, isn't Cam Clark going well, I think you almost notice because it good to see a good young wing who is not big, but more skill and speed etc, I like Bridge from the Crusaders for the same reason I think.
He's very tradesman like. Traditional winger good at what he's supposed to be good at but he's not exceptional. You need players like that.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Can't be too hard, can it? Rasta was over here for tonight's game. Wouldn't be hard to schedule him for the NZ game and for Jacko to have the Reds/Highlanders. Surprisingly, had that happened, the Reds would have ended up with the better referee. Rasta is very poor at 7s and really doesn't have a clue about, or a feel for the 15 man game.

Doesn't actually work like that though does it BR. The refs are actually rated, ( by other refs, not couch potatoes) and are then given matches accordingly. That is why Rasta had Reds game etc. And that is just not Sanzaar ratings, that's world ratings, is why Rasta has yet to get any decent tests! I think Rasta is improving and starting to get a feel for 15s game.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Yep, FP, I think the effort this year is way above last year's level. Mostly, the same players, but looking a whole lot better than they did in 2017.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If you look at the 2017 version, the 2018 version is a marked improvement, and that is all I want to see; improvement and actual effort
I never get how effort is ever less than 100%. These blokes should be so fucking pumped to play for their State/Country. Don't get it at all.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I never get how effort is ever less than 100%. These blokes should be so fucking pumped to play for their State/Country. Don't get it at all.

Yeah, effort maybe an inaccurate term

Get off their arse and do valuable stuff efficiently maybe a better description

Prime example was everyone getting off their arse and committing to that clean out where an efficient cleanout and confidence that it would have been efficient would have left available defenders to make the tackle

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez I turned on the tv and watched a fair bit of this game again today, and one other player I thought went well was DMac, I think he might be answering the questions on whether or not he can play 10, he played some bloody good heads up rugby I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.