• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 15 - Chiefs vs Waratahs @ The Tron - Saturday 5:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
OK, Tahs still well in the game at half time. But some Wallabies hopefuls are having a mare. Rob Simmons, bless his little heart, has missed at least 5 or 6 tackles, but worse imo is his lack of involvement otherwise in defense - one tackle assist as far as I saw. One carry to be knocked back a metre in the tackle, and his side of the scrum is going backwards at a rate of knots when the Chiefs put the hurt on. And remember, he is behind one of our best scrummaging THPs.

Phipps - routinely kicks poorly. One out on the full from outside the 20m line, one for a 5m territory gain from inside the 20m line and a couple of poorly executed box kicks.

Naiyaravoro is looking threatening with the ball but has no ability to direct his passes to a team-mate. Most, if not all, go straight to the opposition.

Tahs will dominate the Wallabies selections this year, and rightly so, but neither of Simmons nor Phipps should be anywhere near the side.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Tahs will dominate the Wallabies selections this year, and rightly so, but neither of Simmons nor Phipps should be anywhere near the side.

I've been supporting Simmo recently but can't say he is playing well here - and they need some engine inn the scrums and rucks at the moment.

Let's see how Phipps goes in the second half before I agree.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Here's me screaming for DMac to get in the pocket for the lazy three & he goes & does THAT.... worth remembering, too, that he hit the post with three conversions so margin could easily have been much more.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Dont get how Gordon lost his place so easily

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gordon was very unimpressive when he came on as well.

I forgot to add in respect of Phipps, who has a reputation for being the fastest No 9 to the ruck, he was sorely missing when the Chiefs picked the ball up at the back of the Tahs ruck and strolled over for a try.

Reactions: dru

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Great work Waratahs, no cigar but very, very close. BP stolen at the last.

Stolen? That was one hell of a miss by Foketai to let DMac in for the easiest of tries. Tahs coaching staff have similar problems to the Brumbies' in messing around with their replacements.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Basic errors from Waratahs

1. Naiyaravoro shocking out of position
2. Trying to run the ball from own try line in the first half. Unnecessary.
3. Awful at exiting own half and receiving kick offs

Fix that stupid stuff and they're a hell of a team.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tahs - too many errors and some pretty poor decisions at crucial times; also some pretty good play at times. Chiefs - too much class, better kicking game, clearly better overall. Still hurts, though. That steal from Retallick was a killer. He's not a bad player. ;)

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Fun game. All over the place.
Wacko Jacko has no idea how to ref forwards. Just leaves them to it. Couldve sworn the Beale pass for 2nd try was forward? And Dmac lost it for his try? Oh well, says Jacko. "Yeah whatever, play on, let the players decide it." How the fuck he's managed a gig reffing his old team is just comical. The seppos etc would be incredulous. "Look, I know you've got a small population but surely you could find SOMEONE else to referee the match rather than an ex-player from the home fucking team." It's like if Wayne Rooney rocked up to Old Trafford in 5 years time wielding a shiny new Acme Thunderer.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Wacko Jacko has no idea how to ref forwards. Just leaves them to it. Couldve sworn the Beale pass for 2nd try was forward? And Dmac lost it for his try? Oh well, says Jacko. "Yeah whatever, play on, let the players decide it." How the fuck he's managed a gig reffing his old team is just comical. The seppos etc would be incredulous. "Look, I know you've got a small population but surely you could find SOMEONE else to referee the match rather than an ex-player from the home fucking team." It's like if Wayne Rooney rocked up to Old Trafford in 5 years time wielding a shiny new Acme Thunderer.

He needs to come with some sort of instruction manual so we know what the fuck he is on about sometimes. He is loose on the breakdown, but some of his explanations beggared belief - they just made no sense. "In the wrong place, tried to get out and accidentally collected the ball; not cynical".........riiiight. Better to just blow it, and shut up, maybe.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Calling Beale’s pass forward in the second half that prevented a try baffled me. Did not in anyway look forward but even so why can’t you let him put it down and go upstairs to check?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
had to laugh when he yells at defenders trying to hold players up for a maul turnover "it's a tackle, it's a tackle" when the guys knee is nowhere near the ground and the defenders are fully within their rights to hold the guy up. It's not a tackle just because you want it to be, Jacko.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Some terrible calls against the tahs. Forward pass no try was a joke.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The last try. What bullshit.
Seem to have a neautral ref for every game except games when Aussie teams play kiwi teams.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.