• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 1 2017 Crusaders v Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brumbies to get absolutely smoked. Crusaders by ~20 and Read to score 2 tries to boost my fantasy team (perhaps that last sentence is wishful thinking).

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Fuck me what other one-legged idiots do I have playing for the Indoor Kites XV?

Crusaders to win regardless. Maybe by 15.
You've just those two Read tries you were banking on though. That leaves you six points.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You've just those two Read tries you were banking on though. That leaves you six points.

I'm sure Reids replacement will make up the difference.

It's not like they simply won't field a number eight.

Edit: I'd LOVE to see the Brumbies win (less points for the Kiwis, more confidence for Australian sides) but I really don't think its going to happen. Their roster is absolute pants.

Prove me wrong boys!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hoping the Brumbies can steal an early season win off the Crusaders.

It would be the right time of year for it with the 'saders being perennial slow starters............

But on paper they still look to be a much better team, and the game is in Christchurch.

I really hope the Brumbies have been hiding something special from us in the trials.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I suspect the Brisbane 10s has had a massive impact on kiwi readiness this year. Yes the ABs need to make their way back, but the B teams look to have blown away most of the cobwebs.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
It would be the right time of year for it with the 'saders being perennial slow starters....

Not this year, methinks, given there's a once-in-a-career Lions tour coming up & everyone will be wanting to get their names into the selection frame asap rather than easing into it/ relying on previous exploits to make the June squads & using those matches to stake a claim for the main events (TRC & EOYT). That goes for all five NZ teams, of course, so expect some shock & awe footy in weeks one through six-ish.

Brumbies to get absolutely smoked. Crusaders by ~20 and Read to score 2 tries to boost my fantasy team (perhaps that last sentence is wishful thinking).

Sorry, mate, he's out until Round seven or thereabouts, hope you've got or can get Jordan Taufua in your team (I've no idea how these things work) in the interim.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Not this year, methinks, given there's a once-in-a-career Lions tour coming up & everyone will be wanting to get their names into the selection frame asap rather than easing into it/ relying on previous exploits

I respectfully slightly completely disagree. All the tenured Cantab pack have to do is not get injured in Super rugby and they’ll be playing the BI Lions. Franks, Moody, Crockett and Whitelock could play the entire Super Rugby season in red and black tutu’s with their hands all sticky and goopy from the halftime pavlovas and they’ll still be in the AB’s match day 23

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^ they probably could. But they won't. Razor wants his forwards in axe murderer mode from Round 1 and so too, I think, does Shag, just to scare the shite outta the Poms & Celts so they pick a big, ponderous, piggie-dominated 57 (or more) that proceed to get matched up front & slaughtered out the back.

EDIT: I'm gunna find a way to take your "tenured" jibe & jam it straight back atcha as "ten-yeared". Could take a while (up to ten years, in fact :)) but by GOAT I'm gunna do it!

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can't see the Brumbies winning this one, without the lad in my profile picture, Leali'ifano, To'omua, Ita Vaea, Cubelli and Tomane. They were smashed by Gen Blue/Waratahs A

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I will say what I said a few weeks back, and say the Crusaders will be better than a lot of us thought this year. Forward pack will be a Sader's pack(ie bloody good) and I thinking early backline will be
9 Hall/Guyton,10 Mounga, 12 Crotty,13 Goodhue, 11 Tamanivalu, 14 Matalae/Dagg, 15 Dagg/McKenzie. Could take a bit of stopping as they got another pretty good coaching set up with Razor Robertson and Leon MacDonald. Whoops and I have missed Digby Iaone, so he might go on one wing.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
9 Hall/Guyton,10 Mounga, 12 Crotty,13 Goodhue, 11 Tamanivalu, 14 Matalae/Dagg, 15 Dagg/McKenzie. Could take a bit of stopping as they got another pretty good coaching set up with Razor Robertson and Leon MacDonald. Whoops and I have missed Digby Iaone, so he might go on one wing.

Maybe Tamanivalu at 13 and Ioane (Digby) at 11? Dagg very likely to be 15.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Maybe Tamanivalu at 13 and Ioane (Digby) at 11? Dagg very likely to be 15.

Yep Hawko, probably more likely, I was just maybe suggesting team I would like to see instead of what Razor will pick, and I got a real soft spot for young Goodhue, and do think Tamanivalu will be looked at on wing sometime this season. As you say probably not first game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.