• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Robbie Deans

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
You seem to be very well balanced Slim...massive chip on both shoulders!

I think Antony's comments are very well made.

08umema

Union will always be stereotyped as being played by private school boys but as you said Antony, that doesn't mean they have had to go to university. I think it's great if the guys set themselves up for after a life in footy. You never know how long/short your career may be.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It is a generalisation.

No more than the myth that private schooling offers better education.

And I'll leave it there before this turns into a shitfight.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lets leave it there about public v private schools, I don't think I can stand it again.

Anyway, isn't this thread about bashing Robbie Deans?

08umema

It is a generalisation.

No more than the myth that private schooling offers better education.

The edueducation being taught is the same everywhere. It's what you do with it and whether or not you choose to learn or not.

08umema

Lets leave it there about public v private schools, I don't think I can stand it again.

Anyway, isn't this thread about bashing Robbie Deans?

Exactly! back onto Deans. If we win the RWC will we have to delete any and every thread regarding sacking him or questioning his appointment as Wallaby coach?

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
^ that has nothing to do with why Deans is called Dingo.

He was dubbed Dingo Deans and Aussie Robbie when he was appointed Wallabies coach to play up that he was now an Aussie. It wasn't derogatory in the slightest.

ah, but it has everything to do with it as australians know that it IS in poor taste to call someone a Dingo.
It is irony really.

So while some like to think it is 'cute' the rest of us know that it is not.

08umema

I did extensive research on the matter (typed "aussie sland - dingo" into google) and the three sites I had a look at either didn't have the word mentioned or was a description of a dingo itself.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
[ Re this year's 3N. A very limited trophy IMO. Both SA and NZ seriously compromised their 3N teams for pre-RWC purposes, and the number of games was heavily reduced as a % of normal. You just can't therefore hold this up, objectively, as a major Wallaby breakthrough or such like. What was good was the sequential win away v a good (thought rusty) SA team, and an excellent win vs the ABs at the fortress.[/QUOTE]

I agree with RH. It seems obvious that JON has kept a lid on costs at the ARU. The coaches are all blemished (Deans 2003, Nucifora / Auckland, Blake ex league. Williams ? ). The only world class coach is the kicking coach and he is on a retainer only. By employing lower level coaches the ARU pay less wages.

Re the 3N this year. The game in Brisbane was a good win to get us the silverware. However, the half time score was 20-3. The allblacks got themselves back to 20 all before Genia created a relatively soft try to finish them off. Also, they were missing Kaino and McCaw. They lost Reid and Thompson very early on. By half time the game was gone. However, the Wallabies were dominated in the second half.

Point is, the 3N this year was won when we beat the SA second string twice, and had a massive first half in Brisbane to gap the All Blacks.

As per RH assertions I agree the erratic form of the Wallabies comes down to the coaching and the management stucture JON has put in place.

However, I think JON is a good administrator and is acting responsibly, given that the ARU has been hemorrhaging money since 2003.

The legacy from the Flowers era should be fully mopped up by 2012. ARC, Inflated Salaries to League players and to Giteau all taken off the ledger.

I disagree with the re-signing of Deans until 2014 though.

Bit of a rant but hope it makes sense.

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
I personally had never heard of the term Dingo to describe what you said it means. I guess I'm not from Northern Australia though.

Might be a generational and geographical thing Braveheart, I am an old banjo player and I recognise the term much the same way as FANATIC

hedgo

Frank Nicholson (4)
couldn't let the private v public school thing die. i don't really follow afl but one of the things that strikes me about it is that it is the game for everyone (at least down south). this can be seen at the game but most importantly in the media and punditry. their commentators are i think superior because they are truly representative (of all classes etc). having a split game (union and league) means that we suffer to some degree from a lack of appropriate filtering of those who are chosen to represent it. look at the nitwits on channel 9. truth is that the blokes on fox aren't much better.
the funniest blokes who comment on sport are the blokes from couldabeen champions. the twats from the league version of the footy show, with their pathetic sexual double entendres and their continued fascination with dressing up like women, couldn't match that sort of intelligent satire if their lives depended on it
so in short can we start a kill league campaign as well as mass brainwashing drive so that all the mungos realise that our game is the true game and then everything will be sweet (had a few beers after a long day)

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I personally had never heard of the term Dingo to describe what you said it means. I guess I'm not from Northern Australia though.

It is really just aussie for calling someone a DOG and not a nice thing to call someone. But I do have to admitt that unless you live in rural Oz or FNQ/NT or are a well travelled over 40yrs you may not have heard it used. We are seemingly losing a lot of our original aussie sayings and it is a shame.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I did extensive research on the matter (typed "aussie sland - dingo" into google) and the three sites I had a look at either didn't have the word mentioned or was a description of a dingo itself.
Sorry man, 'extensive research' and 'google' should never be used in the same sentence as it is an oxymoron.
Looks like the Internet does not know everything after all and will never replace local knowledge.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
clipped text -
so in short can we start a kill league campaign as well as mass brainwashing drive so that all the mungos realise that our game is the true game and then everything will be sweet (had a few beers after a long day)

How about we just buy all of Leagues best wingers instead.
Oh, that is right, Deans and the ARU put an end to all that, so I guess league can start buying up our best backs instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.