• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Richard Graham to quit the Force and join the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Letting the assistants take over for the rest of the season?

That's worked so well in the past...

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep FSN just confirmed, Grahams gone as of today.

I'm encouraged at the steel of Rugby WA if true. No sound business or top sport would keep someone on as a leader/manager etc if they resigned mid-term to go to a fierce competitor. Then the farce of the person saying they'd remain 'deeply committed' to their existing employer and team for 3 more months.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I like Phil Blake, I don't think he is ready to head coach at this level, but I do think he hasan upside to him and being in charge fir the rest of the season can only be good for his development, hopefully they get a good coach with a long term plan.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Surprised no-one has mentioned Les Kiss' name - a very eloquent and knowledgable guy who is apparently doing a good job as defensive coach for Ireland.

You bring up an excellent point. Les Kiss would be extremely good as the Forces' head coach. Is he off contract though?

Jokes aside (regarding my previous post), it will be worth seeing as to how Phil Blake goes with the Force for the rest of the season. His record from now until the end of the season will impact on his credentials, should he apply for the top job for next year onwards. He surely would be mindful of the similarities regarding himself and Rea. The key difference is that Blake actually offers something to a team.

M

Moono75

....finally....I have channelled into RugbyWA's inner psyche and they are now heeding all my advice and are under my complete control.

Next on the agenda.....I would like to see Ma Nonu at the Force.......Dan Carter not getting a run at 10 with the Crusaders......bring him to the Force. I don't want the morph suit guys for entertainment......I want cheerleaders.......make it happen RugbyWA ;)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Quite seriously, I would not be surprised if Blake achieved a bit more than RG. No other support coach working for Deans got demonstrable, verifiable results in his nominated area - Blake broke this with his notable improvements in Wallaby defence, good on him if he's been appointed today as Acting Head Coach or whatever.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cos Ewen doesn't want to coach anymore

He just wants someone high up in the coaches' box during the games...but wait, RG is like Ewen where they both sit/stand right on the sideline...perhaps Ewen wants someone to talk to across that white bar table then?

M

Moono75

RG gone. This is what should always have happend. Action has been taken.....confidence is restored.

Onwards and upwards. Go the Force!

Good luck Reds against the Stormers........almost time to head off for a couple of beers.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This whole thing has been a cat-shag from go to woe. Announcing mid-season you're buggering off to the competition, then paying lip service to any sense of honoring your contract for the season, knowing your employer will most likely have to bone you. It shows scant regard to the concept of a contract, get-out clause or no.
I am happy for Reds fans who think they've scooped the pool and Force fans who think they've lanced the boil, but I think it shows very little integrity on the part of the major players. I mean they're paying his wage and he walks out leaving chaos.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
This whole thing has been a cat-shag from go to woe. Announcing mid-season you're buggering off to the competition, then paying lip service to any sense of honoring your contract for the season, knowing your employer will most likely have to bone you. It shows scant regard to the concept of a contract, get-out clause or no.
I am happy for Reds fans who think they've scooped the pool and Force fans who think they've lanced the boil, but I think it shows very little integrity on the part of the major players. I mean they're paying his wage and he walks out leaving chaos.

+++1. And reports tonight in the WA media that RG was pressing for Force player sign-ons and reconfirms when, now in hindsight, it's become clear he was either signed to QRU or that was well in process. And, as you say, just as bad of the Reds to incept all this now, when it could have morally and otherwise been so much less destructively done (to both sets of players) if only commenced in late July/early August, hardly far away ffs.

M

Moono75

Lets see how he goes. Probably prefer someone like Cheika or a high profile International coach if available. Whatever turns the Force into a magnet for top rugby player talent for 2013.

I'm outta here. Off to see the Reds game at the pub. Will check back in later this evening.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I will ususally open myself to whoosh moments, but this was pure humor. Unfortunately, many people a) don't get my humor, and b) this type of humor is notoriously hard to communicate over the internets,

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Reds cannot win tonight after first 20 mins.
Does rg turn up next week?
If so do they put in place next years system cos things are looking a bit shaky up there for 2012?
Link read the tea leaves.....
This could get more weird. If he's such a good signing why wouldn't you bring him into the Tent early?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.