• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Richard Graham to quit the Force and join the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
For those thinking about Gaffney - he is too old; not a young old but an old old.

I met gaffney at the world cup after the wallaby loss to Ireland, I asked him if he was excited about coming to Sydney he said yes, we had a bit if a chat and he said when I saw him in Sydney to say that we were having that chat and we could pick up the convo then.

At he sharks game I saw him again, and I said I was chatting to him in Auckland after the world cup match and he said to say hi, he looked into the distance for ten seconds before saying a sentence which brought my hopes extremely high for the wallaby back line this year " nope, havnt been to Auckland recently, you must have the wrong guy"

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I met gaffney at the world cup after the wallaby loss to Ireland, I asked him if he was excited about coming to Sydney he said yes, we had a bit if a chat and he said when I saw him in Sydney to say that we were having that chat and we could pick up the convo then.

At he sharks game I saw him again, and I said I was chatting to him in Auckland after the world cup match and he said to say hi, he looked into the distance for ten seconds before saying a sentence which brought my hopes extremely high for the wallaby back line this year " nope, havnt been to Auckland recently, you must have the wrong guy"

This the man we need to coach at the highest level: the losses will be forgotten and he will have no trouble taking it a week at a time...if that.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Surprised no-one has mentioned Les Kiss' name - a very eloquent and knowledgable guy who is apparently doing a good job as defensive coach for Ireland.

That's the reason I didn't mention him, we'd rather keep him over here for now.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just thinking about it could you imagine the uproar if the roles were reversed. Imagine if it was the force who poached Ewin mid year the reds fans would have open season on the Force. Just putting it out there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Just thinking about it could you imagine the uproar if the roles were reversed. Imagine if it was the force who poached Ewin mid year the reds fans would have open season on the Force. Just putting it out there.

Would it have better if he waited to the end of the year?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If he was still contracted i think yes.

But then you get little time to find the replacement.

What we don't know is the timing as to when he had to execute his option notice, sometimes the contract makes these timing issue for you and once the decision is made, making it public stops the rumours.

In the end I don't think there is a perfect "way".

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
But then you get little time to find the replacement.

What we don't know is the timing as to when he had to execute his option notice, sometimes the contract makes these timing issue for you and once the decision is made, making it public stops the rumours.

In the end Im don't think there is a perfect "way".
No i happy that it has come out now as i have stated in the Western Force thread, it gives us the chance to find a replacement before they are all signed up.

My issue is that you would have to assume that the Reds apporoched a contract head coach at the start of a new season and poached him away. Now this would have been in the pipe work for a very long time as Reid has know about it for the past 2-3 weeks god knows when the contract talks started.

Am i confident that the Force Board will find the best man for the job...No they will find some way to f*** it up and prob be left with 1 person to chose from.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Succession planning in sport is a myth.
As soon as you're hired you're fired they just haven't filled in the date yet.
A problem, as with politics, is that success cycle is so short: you have at most 2 seasons in this country and if you don't get to the semis in one of those 2 seasons you're on thin ice.
Link's move insulates him from being sacked at the very time when he could be in the frame for the wobblies job.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
C'mon guys, it's pretty obvious who the Force should call...

There's a coach sitting in South Africa right now desperately waiting by the phone...

And, he has far better international success so far than Robbie Deans with a Tri Nations and Lions series win...

Why bother looking elsewhere?!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
C'mon guys, it's pretty obvious who the Force should call...

There's a coach sitting in South Africa right now desperately waiting by the phone...

And, he has far better international success so far than Robbie Deans with a Tri Nations and Lions series win...

Why bother looking elsewhere?!

lol...Better than some of the names being thrown around. At least we would have some funny things to write about on these forums hey slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.