• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Bulls 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Reds media department making stupid arrogant statements. Bulls to win it now. Get some money on them by 1-12.

Ease up, it's not like they used the word grovel or anything. It'll have a minuscule effect on the game.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Was planning on going out to the game but looks like it isn't going to work out with other things on. I really hope they get a big crowd at Lang park. If they win then it will be close to a sell out next week against the Tah's.

It would if it wasn't scheduled in the middle of the Easter break. A lot of people will be out of town..... me included :(

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ease up, it's not like they used the word grovel or anything. It'll have a minuscule effect on the game.

I just wished they had painted their faces with some shit to give them the tough man look. :)

On a serious note, the Reds media department should punch themselves in the head for this poster. I would rather they be more humble.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
My god, they were just trying to team a word up with Bulls. Slaughtering a Bull.

What would you prefer - castrate them, or tie them up, or put them out to stud, or ride them?

Reactions: DPK

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reds team announced:

St.George Reds team (from fullback): Luke Morahan, Rod Davies, Anthony Fainga'a, Mike Harris, Digby Ioane, Quade Cooper, Will Genia, Scott Higginbotham, Beau Robinson, Radike Samo, James Horwill (c), Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Saia Fainga'a, Ben Daley.

Reserves: James Hanson, Greg Holmes, Adam Wallace-Harrison, Liam Gill, Jake Schatz, Ben Lucas, Will Chambers.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think Gill might get a slightly longer cameo this time - maybe 15 mins.

Leroy dropped for Schatz? Rotation or poor performance?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My god, they were just trying to team a word up with Bulls. Slaughtering a Bull.

What would you prefer - castrate them, or tie them up, or put them out to stud, or ride them?

Would have preferred "Battle, Fight, Run With". They could have even popped a Matador's cape into Quade's hands during his kicking stance.

Anything that showed respect and didn't unnecessarily give the opposition amunition to fire up and put in a huge performance against us. Much like the Capetown Press gave the Reds plenty to use last weekend. I think when dealing with a bunch of pissed off Bulls, it's best not to piss them off even further. Poor recent form or not, they have won 3 of the last 4 comps

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Well let's try something like "get behind us as we attempt to slaughter the Bulls" then have the same picture. As I said, I wish they were more humble.

T

TOCC

Maybe they should have had a poster saying "come watch us as we eat some Bulls sausage"..

Reds will mince the Bulls, then turn them into sausages and eat them for lunch... nothing weird about that statement at all

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
That poster has possibly the worst photoshop work I have ever seen. Shithouse deep etching on the bull, it's the same bull cloned three times and why they decided to cut off the players feet and leave them there is a mystery.

Everyone involved in that deserves an uppercut.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I don't think the feet have been cut off. I think they have some red background to the writing that blends into the socks. But the bull clones is terrible.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Looks like Leroy has gotten a late reprieve or Schatz went down injured at training today. Either way, the team has been updated now and he's back in it.

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/581/ArticleID/2171/Default.aspx

St.George Reds team (from fullback): Luke Morahan, Rod Davies, Anthony Fainga'a, Mike Harris, Digby Ioane, Quade Cooper, Will Genia, Scott Higginbotham, Beau Robinson, Radike Samo, James Horwill (c), Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Saia Fainga'a, Ben Daley.

Reserves: James Hanson, Greg Holmes, Adam Wallace-Harrison, Leroy Houston, Liam Gill, Ben Lucas, Will Chambers.

Fainga'a swaps places with 22-year-old James Hanson, who played an important role in the number two jersey during the Reds recent 19-6 victory over the previously unbeaten Stormers at the weekend.

The versatile Ben Lucas has recovered from a groin strain he sustained in round six and has gained selection on the bench, while Greg Holmes also returns to the squad.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Would have preferred "Battle, Fight, Run With". They could have even popped a Matador's cape into Quade's hands during his kicking stance.

Anything that showed respect and didn't unnecessarily give the opposition amunition to fire up and put in a huge performance against us. Much like the Capetown Press gave the Reds plenty to use last weekend. I think when dealing with a bunch of pissed off Bulls, it's best not to piss them off even further. Poor recent form or not, they have won 3 of the last 4 comps
Nice one! I don't hate the original. The players didn't say it some press guy did. But yours are much better!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Have managed to get out of things on Saturday and am off to the game. Am looking forward to it. Don't think I will expect the same game as last year but we can all live in hope.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Reds media department making stupid arrogant statements. Bulls to win it now. Get some money on them by 1-12.

If a team needs their opponents' media department in order to get fired up, then they have much deeper problems than simply being or not being the better team.

I would hope the Bulls would give 100%, regardless of whatever mean comments the Reds PR girl makes.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If a team needs their opponents' media department in order to get fired up, then they have much deeper problems than simply being or not being the better team.

I would hope the Bulls would give 100%, regardless of whatever mean comments the Reds PR girl makes.
Worked for McKenzie last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.