• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies, 2011R16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
"shut the fuck up im the captain"
says a lot about the man
spoilt little man who is far from the real leader in that team

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies played well and dominated in the forwards but yet again got away with multiple penalties in their own half with no yellow. Ref even said it himself - 'a couple in the first half and now three in the second, I dont want to see it again'.

1. We saw it a few more times but no yellow.
2. Isn't 5 times enough to produce a yellow?

Oh, do please fuck off.

I witnessed on the first half on more than one occasion a Reds' forward come back from the Brumbies side of the ruck and literally dive into it to seal it off.

The ref missed it, and I was so close to posting a rant about it.

The Brumbies were just the better team tonight.

M

Maroon Army

I know you said some, Slim, but it has to be said again for balance. The Brumbies fully deserved their win tonight and it was earnt off the back of damaging defence and a dominant forward display.

No bitterness here.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Giteau is a grade A fuckwit. Hope Robbie see's that and tells him where he can stick getting selected for Australia, deliberate and cynical. Denying the Reds a bonus point, I'm not sure what he was trying to do or achieve, but it just came off as arrogant. Guess that's what Gits is though so no changes there.

Also I have seen the stiff arm that got digby out called given a straight red card? nfi why there was no penalty.

And can someone clarify this but the Brumbies looked to be offside... essentially all the time, but where never blown by the ref.

They did what the force did in round one

This thread is just a big pot of gold.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really do hope Ioane is ok.

It was sickening to see, but purely accidental.

Vaea will probably miss a week or two and rightfully so.

Nothing malicious, but still reckless as he has connected with his head.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why in flying fucks name one should expect a professional rugby team gifting another points does weird shit to my brain.

If that's what you think then give yourself a solid uppercut. Now.

It flies in the face of competitiveness which is what this thing we all love is about.

Get real.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Wtf I just don't get people getting stuck into Giteau for kicking the goal? It's what the whole competition is about, competition. The conference structure is not some kind of buddy system. Stop being such sore losers.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can one of the mods make a poll if Giteau made the right decision, it looks pretty divided but I reckon Reds fans would be the only ones saying he should've kicked it out.

Anyone who thinks he should've kicked it out agrees with Jamie Joseph's comments.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Giteau is a grade A fuckwit. Hope Robbie see's that and tells him where he can stick getting selected for Australia, deliberate and cynical. Denying the Reds a bonus point, I'm not sure what he was trying to do or achieve, but it just came off as arrogant. Guess that's what Gits is though so no changes there.

Also I have seen the stiff arm that got digby out called given a straight red card? nfi why there was no penalty.

And can someone clarify this but the Brumbies looked to be offside... essentially all the time, but where never blown by the ref.

They did what the force did in round one

Robbie should be patting matt on the back. He did the right thing by his team. If the reds want to win this comp they can't put in shit house performances like that. Being gifted points the don't deserve isn't going to help anyone.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
You can't fault Giteau for his decision. He (and the Brumbies) owe the Reds nothing. The Reds are at the top of the table they can only blame themselves for not winning that match. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Quade kicking to deny the Brumbies a bonus point I'm sure no one would be complaining.

And don't use that it could cost the Reds (or Australian) rugby as the reason for hating Gits. It was the Reds' fault

Would you be saying the same thing if it were the "Tahs" in that position! Doubt it. Think it's called tall poppy syndrome. Plenty of times cheered an Aus team on against an overseas team, wonder if I'll bother after the poor attitudes of the Tahs and Brumbies this year. I

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Didn't Moore and Gits have some words a few weeks back?

They did. In the draw against the Force at the end. Moore should pull his head in. It's not his decision. No love lost there it seems. Did we just witness a contributing factor to the shit floating about in the Brumbies soup?

In the last 3 weeks Gits has played himself 100% back into Wallaby contention.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tough luck, if you give away a penalty like that at the end of the game you can't complain. I'm much happier when this whole 'nationalism' thing is thrown out of the window in a provincial comp. It would have been nicer for Giteau to kick it out, but if you're giving a team the option to take away you're bonus point, you've already fucked up and can't complain. If the Reds valued their bonus point so much they would have kicked it out, but no they wanted to put the Brumbies away from 80 metres out which could even come accross as 'rude' from a Brumbies point of view.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Everyone needs to chillax about the Giteau and his decision to kick the goal at the end. Yes I know I have contributed to the argument but I think all the points have been made.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gee the Reds seem to have had a few angry pills before tonights game, I have never seen such anger amongst the players for mistakes all season. A Fainga'a in particular seemed really pissed off all night and seemed to give some niggle.

Yeah he looked to give Saia an absolute gobful when he screwed that pass up. Not to mention the death stare for good measure.

Reminds me of the game in Canberra last year where the Brumbies lifted a long way.

Rae was originally the defence coach wasn't he? He certainly gave them the right blueprint tonight.

Well done Brums, won it on their own, Williamson whistled a reasonable game, better than his normal I thought.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You can't fault Giteau for his decision. He (and the Brumbies) owe the Reds nothing. The Reds are at the top of the table they can only blame themselves for not winning that match. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Quade kicking to deny the Brumbies a bonus point I'm sure no one would be complaining.

And don't use that it could cost the Reds (or Australian) rugby as the reason for hating Gits. It was the Reds' fault

Would you be saying the same thing if it were the "Tahs" in that position! Doubt it. Think it's called tall poppy syndrome. Plenty of times cheered an Aus team on against an overseas team, wonder if I'll bother after the poor attitudes of the Tahs and Brumbies this year. I

Yes you?

You forgot to make a point. Smoking too much poppy seeds if you ask me.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
The bumbies should have let the reds in your a try at the end. Would have been good for the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What did giteau have to gain from kicking that goal?

Can anyone think of a good reason?

The fact it is the better the tahs and reds go in the finals the better for aus rugby. And guess what? Ultimately that is better for every player in this country. He is a fuckwit and he has just yet again proven it to me.

Pot of gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.