• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs, rd2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Folau did well covering QCs grubber but other than that he's been poor. It will be a few more games before he looks comfortable at 15 let alone good.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Truly headless, error strewn performance from the Waratahs in the first half. Christ, they look like a plodding northern hemisphere side caught playing out of the mud and trying to play a highly structured game that is foreign to them and breaking down.. Their alignment and realignment has been very poor leading me to question what the hell they been doing in the preseason. They just look slow of foot and thought without a clue when prescription plays don't work. Folau hasn't done much right.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looks like Cheika is peeling the paint off the walls there.

QLD scrum holding up better than I expected.

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Folau did well covering QCs grubber but other than that he's been poor. It will be a few more games before he looks comfortable at 15 let alone good.
Someone's told him that you cant die with the ball 'cos you cant just stand up and play it.
That may be the only difference he's actually got a handle on.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I thought the Reds did really well to get the ball out of the scrum quickly from the one in the Tahs 22. It was the only one I remember the Reds looking under pressure in but ball was out before the Tahs could press it home.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tough to watch from a Tahs' perspective. Plenty of positive intent but too many forced passes/errors have led to the 14 points half-time deficit.

Those 2 penalty shot misses from McKibbin have certainly hurt. Douglas also very close to crossing the tryline.

It's a big IF but if the Tahs can convert the same amount of possession/territory into points it might not be a bridge too far. However, we're yet to see how they'll cope fitness wise in the last 20 mins given that it was such a major Achilles heel in 2012.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Truly headless, error strewn performance from the Waratahs in the first half. Christ, they look like a plodding northern hemisphere side caught playing out of the mud and trying to play a highly structured game that is foreign to them and breaking down.. Their alignment and realignment has been very poor leading me to question what the hell they been doing in the preseason. They just look slow of foot and thought without a clue when prescription plays don't work. Folau hasn't done much right.
In fairness, there have been some very good passages by the Tahs in attack, but undone by simple errors and low percentage plays. The work without the ball has been awful - poor defensive patterns, individual missed tackles, giving up the breakdown. Hard to believe that Chieka told them not to compete at the breakdown?

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Speed to thebreakdown is killing the Tahs - whole qld backrow got back to help Shipperly cleaning up behind the line without a single NSW forward in sight

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
1st piece of good footage from Ref cam. If he was actually looking where the camera was pointed then it's no wonder scrummies are never pulled up for crooked feeds.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs look a little fortunate there, but hopefully that puts them back in the game. Touch wood that's a try.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Also a few older heads calling him a wallaby on preseason form.

Yeah they said that before the game someone had tipped him to start against the Lions. On this form I'd be delighted if he did. By the time the Lions come around though I expect him to be a much better rugby player whether he has a gold jumper or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.