• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs, rd2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
In fairness, there have been some very good passages by the Tahs in attack, but undone by simple errors and low percentage plays. The work without the ball has been awful - poor defensive patterns, individual missed tackles, giving up the breakdown. Hard to believe that Chieka told them not to compete at the breakdown?

The Reds have had numbers every time the Tahs have attempted to go wide. Every time the Reds defense has outnumbered the attackers ( curse of Gaffney strikes again)The Tahs have been making good ground going up the middle and offloading through the forwards. They ned to continue to do this until the Reds compress the defense or the Tahs figure our how to generate consistently quicker ball a the breakdown.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Tahs blow another try with the line open.

Fatcat cleaning out and carrying well. Drew Mitchell showing that he is all class.....and then he drops one cold

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Skill levels that have been exhibited in this game at times is embarrassing when compared with the NZ conference games. Inept passing and handling from the Tahs again. It's infuriating.

P

Paradox

bad luck smhoo. Been looking better this game than he has since his first bad injury.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Outstanding. I have found a radio station covering the game too!

I had a chuckle hearing the "We Are Red!" chant over the radio - dead set sounded like "Radio Station U.S.S.R.".

Unbelievable the amount of handling errors. I recall Cheika really getting stuck into the Tahs at a training session in Newcastle particularly about handling errors. A quote was heard along the lines of "Don't complain about it, just do it, don't lose the ball, that is the standard". The standard by the sounds of things aint being met.

Status
Not open for further replies.