• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You guys tried that last year at Suncorp. Didn't work then. ;)

Actually, a few times of late the Reds have been trying to get back into the game and have done so by doing precisely what you said. Pick and go's, one out runners etc. They do it so well.

The danger for the Tah's if they go this way, is that if we manage to find a fit #7 and snag a quick turnover ball there may be space out wide for quick counter attack. I'm hoping anyway!!!!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
My last post was in reply to WJ's original post about a grinding game.

You don't seriously want to debate again, how you guys "demolished" our scrum do you?

T

TOCC

I hope the Tahs attempt to play that style of game, they haven't been able to do it all year so can't see it coming to fruition now

T

TOCC

Same, want to see the Reds scrum get demolished like the last game at Suncorp.

Refresh my memory... Said 'Reds scrum' was demolished.. I'm assuming then if the Tahs had a scrum 5m out from the Reds try line they were able to get a pushover or alternatively a penalty try?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Refresh my memory. Said 'Reds scrum' was demolished.. I'm assuming then if the Tahs had a scrum 5m out from the Reds try line they were able to get a pushover or alternatively a penalty try?

Couldn't get a pushover because the Reds kept collapsing the scrum. If Walsh didn't go off the cards would've been dished out.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
If the Tahs didnt keep going for the scrum which eventuated in nothing they may have actually had a chance of winning the game

The Tahs care about the fans though, it's the backward mentality of QLD that would only go for the posts. Tahs want try's.

Reactions: TSR

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I am heading North of the border this weekend for my first Suncorp experience and I can't wait! Heading to the game with six Red's supporters which should be interesting.
Me too. Have to download some Banjo Classics on my phone to keep them amused.

W

What2040

most dangerous thing for the players this week will be the deckchairs, combs and mirrors that the Tahs forwards will take on the pitch - they do fuckall around the paddock - just hope the Reds forwards don't trip over those bloody deckchairs

T

TOCC

Just to remind everyone... This is what happened the last time the Tahs played the Reds at Suncorp
quade-cooper-backflip.jpg

W

What2040

care about their fans - you have to be kidding - with all due respect they have played like shit, for whatever reason, and I think the fans will only return when they start playing to their obvious ability, with a bit or lot of passion. Don't like TC at all BUT the bloke wears his heart on his sleeve and SEEMS to love playing for NSW - maybe if a lot more did the same some difference would be seen and the fans would flock back

T

TOCC

But in all seriousness, getting back to the subject.. Yes the Waratahs scrum dominated the Reds last year, ironically enough i think that was one of the last time Guy Shepherdson actually started for the Reds.

The front row that game was Daley-Fainga'a-Shepherdson...

Holmes and Slipper offer a much better scrummaging front-row

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Fact of the matter is the Tahs only get up for Reds games. They consider it a successful season if the beat the Reds even if it's the only game they win. Sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.