• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
5 mins to go. Two points behind. Three tries in the bag. Penalty in front. Do the reds go for the win only to find they are out of the finals by a BP, or do they go for the try, miss it, and find out two days later the sharks or bulls got rolled and a win would have got them through.
It's an interesting dilemma that will be in the back of their minds with a lot of decisions along the way...

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
5 mins to go. Two points behind. Three tries in the bag. Penalty in front. Do the reds go for the win only to find they are out of the finals by a BP, or do they go for the try, miss it, and find out two days later the sharks or bulls got rolled and a win would have got them through.
It's an interesting dilemma that will be in the back of their minds with a lot of decisions along the way.

Anyone would take the points - no dilemma.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
It's an interesting dilemma that will be in the back of their minds with a lot of decisions along the way.

Definitely take the points. The Tahs have been generally poor at re-starts so Reds should get the ball when the game resumes. With the Tahs regularly fading away late in each half, still time to go for the bonus point try.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Forget the form guide for this game. The Reds need to come hard out of the gate or else this will be a stale mate. With the Tahs low on confidence we need to crack them open early or else if they get a chance to build, it could be anything.

J

Jiggles

The Wallabies v Reds match up will be pretty interesting. The Reds just need set the game up for the last 20 minutes when the Wallabies will be huffing and puffing.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I am heading North of the border this weekend for my first Suncorp experience and I can't wait! Heading to the game with six Red's supporters which should be interesting.

Do we know anymore about Chris F Sautia and his hammy injury? Will he be back this weekend?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Last year's game at suncorp was a cracker!

It was most definitely a cracker - it wasn't pretty though. ;) This is the main reason I loved it!

In regards to this game though, the boys will need to secure the win first and then the BP which will make it very interesting. The Tahs will take points however they come which will keep pressure on the Reds if they can keep accumulating them. Once the Reds start going for tries (if they don't just go for them from the get go) we may see more ruck infringements from the Tahs if they realise that the Reds aren't taking the 3 points option. Repeated ruck infringements in the attacking 20-30m may see the ref go to the pocket which could give some room for the Reds outside backs.

It may be a fascinating game. I really wish we weren't playing before the Bulls and Shorks but.

I hope both teams play positive Rugby and Steve Walsh allows them to as well.

T

TOCC

It will be interesting to see what sort of mindset the Tahs enter this game with, knowing full well the Reds are chasing tries, maybe the Tahs will return in kind by throwing the ball around as well..

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It will be interesting to see what sort of mindset the Tahs enter this game with, knowing full well the Reds are chasing tries, maybe the Tahs will return in kind by throwing the ball around as well..

That would be everything that QLD & NSW Rugby fans have been hoping for in one of these matches for the last 10+ years! Not just the Tahs throwing it around, but both teams playing some open and enterprising Rugby!

Status
Not open for further replies.