• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
I think the Waratahs are desperate to prove a point and will win by 8 points after leading by 16 points at 1/2 time.

They are not good at finishing off games but will just manage to hold on.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Head to Head:
jbmxbCz98Wzsc9.jpg

All time results (1882-2012)
Matches played: 293
NSW won: 187 (64%)
Qld won: 94 (32%)
Drawn: 12 (4%)

Last 50 years (1962*-2012)
Matches played: 94
NSW won: 44 (47%)
Qld won: 47 (50%)
Drawn: 3 (3%)

Professional era (1996-2012)
Matches played: 26
NSW won: 10 (38%)
Qld won: 15 (58%)
Drawn: 1 (4%)

T

TOCC

On the scrummaging front, the Reds front row of Slipper-Fainga'a-Holmes is significantly stronger then the front row which started last year which was Daley-Fainga'a-Shepherdson

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
On the scrummaging front, the Reds front row of Slipper-Fainga'a-Holmes is significantly stronger then the front row which started last year which was Daley-Fainga'a-Shepherdson

I'm betting that this week, barrng injury, that Daley gets no more than 15 minutes. The risk is just too great.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I agree Hawko, particularly in what will most likely be a tight game played on a heavy track.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Thats not a bad idea really, buts it easier said then done, just look at Pek Cowan
I hear you, it's just a shame that we (ARU) don't have the services of someone like NZ's Mike Cron to make these things happen.
The AB's and their Super Provinces have the ability to convert guys like Daley but we seem miles behind.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I've been working on the theory that the Reds are out of the finals for weeks. So that makes this a old fashioned State of the Union game to me.
In the old days we'd have a good old fashioned "festival of Hate" thread going for weeks but now we're all so much more mature.
Last week we need 1 of 3 games to simple go by ladder position all three went to the team lower on the ladder. This week we need upsets to make it though. I think all of us heading of to Lang Park should expect this to be the last Reds game of the year and enjoy it for what it is. One of Oz Rugby's oldest rivalry and if week make it to the finals treat it as a bonus.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Welcome intermittent sunshine this morning, but the Broncos and the Warriors looked to be chewing up suncorp from the "highlights" last evening.

The Growden Kiss of Death having been administered, it's time refocus on the Rugby Championship. At least Robbie will have nice early access to the wallabies, so he can start bamboozling them.

W

What2040

track looks heavy and with a bit more rain, very heavy. Think it will be a classic NSW v QLD game but will open up in last 20. Reds, whatever everyone is saying, will want that elusive bonus point (just in case) and will chuck it around. Superior fitness of Reds forwards together with the passiion, will show in that last 20, plenty of go-forward for the backs to score heaps.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mr Jarse, you're rather quiet for such an important match-day! I honestly don't know who WILL win, as both sides CAN win this one. The 'jitters' are knocking on my windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.