• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Wales, Suncorp Stadium - 19/7

dru

Tim Horan (67)
In the sporting capital of Australia? I find that hard to believe.

Haha! Quite droll Sully, but there has been something of a specific set of circumstances. Awesome work by the Reds management team and something to be proud of.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I always wonder about this. Wasn't there a whole big thing about revenue sharing (or lack thereof) fucking over smaller nations?
The host nation retains revenue from tests that fall within the international windows (on the assumption that the tours will be reciprocated?).

This isn't a test, so I assume Wales would request and receive an appearance fee, to at least cover their expenses and match fees - and probably more.

As others have said, it's probably covered by Government tourism funding for this game

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Interesting to see Channel 9 are broadcasting this game on Friday night, but they’re doing it on delay on the primary channel following the NRL, rather then live on another channel like Gem

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The host nation retains revenue from tests that fall within the international windows (on the assumption that the tours will be reciprocated?).

This isn't a test, so I assume Wales would request and receive an appearance fee, to at least cover their expenses and match fees - and probably more.

As others have said, it's probably covered by Government tourism funding for this game
Oh yeah I bet Fiji & Tonga really get reciprocal tours...