• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Bulls: Round 4 - Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Play what is front of you

No, I think against the Bulls it'll be really important how they approach the forwards battle, the Reds would be one of a handful of teams who can mussel up against almost anyone. But I'm not sure if against the Bulls it would be the best strategy.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Forwards HAVE to muscle up with plenty of line speed.

Dominant set pieces would be handy.

We need a fast flowing expansive backs play.

Hopefully the big Bulls lads MAY tire a bit.

Certainly worth a journey to Suncorp.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Reckon Thorn will stick to predominantly the same team.

Duncan may be under a bit of pressure in the backs.
As mentioned on the Homepage he hasn't really "gelled" with Jonno.

Lucas should be on the bench (if he's right to go)

If DP is benched that would be unlucky however Kerevi is a much better 12 than he is a 13 and CFS has been impressive assuming that would be the reshuffle

T

TOCC

Reds by 15

I think last week would have given not just the players confidence, but also given Thorn some confidence in his decision making, he backed himself on some substitutions that I wouldn’t have made but clearly worked.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a eyebrow raising selections this week...

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a eyebrow raising selections this week.

Anything in particular in mind?

I'd like to see Nabuli dropped for Daugunu, but I doubt that would raise too many eyebrows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)

I'd like to see Nabuli dropped for Daugunu, but I doubt that would raise too many eyebrows.

I'd raise my eyebrows if Nabuli was kept in the side, that's two very average games in a row. Last year he was very very good this year he just can't catch the ball. -_-

I think, and lot of people think (at least I think they do) Toua should ideally be on the wing.
What do people think about Paia'aua to 15, Kerevi and CFS moving in one, and Toua to 14?

(I'm not settled on the idea of DP playing 15, I think you lose too much from him, but at the same time I don't know where else you play DP and he's too good to come off the bench.)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
CFS has been playing very well - has continued his form from NRC

Bloke has immense talent is seems "wasted" on the wing.

Jonno will be 10 and Toua at 15. Both have performed pretty well so far.

DP may be the only "surprise" for some.

Cannot imagine BT tinkering much at all with a winning side (from last week)

T

TOCC

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yep id be happy for Daugunu to start this week, I opposed it in Rd 1 because its a big step up but he seems to have adapted well.

I don't think Brad is settled on the centre pairing yet, and whilst Toua has earned himself a role in the starting 15 it may not necessarily be at fullback.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think targeting the forwards could work for the Reds. The Bulls are going through some changes under Mitchell as he looks to play some more expansive rugby. Also Thorn stated that he attacked the Brumbies strength and I can see him doing the same this week.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Dropping Duncan is a poor move IMO. If Thorn wants Daungunu in the side, then move Toa to the wing, Duncan to 15 and then drop Eto. Duncan is arguably our best player.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Duncan Paia'aua dropped to the bench.

DXutFsZU8AA798i.png:large

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I can see this match ending 6 - 6, with someone shanking a drop kick attempt from 65 metres out on the buzzer.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The move to get rid of every player who has creative ability is almost complete.

ha! I thought that same. Reminds me of that scene in "The Jerk"

- HE's SHOOTING AT THE PLAYMAKERS (CANS) - HE HATES PLAYMAKERS (CANS)!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Much as I think it's harsh to drop DP from the starting side, especially since Thorn knows exactly what he's capable of as arguably the best player in Qld Country, I have to admit that a centre combination of Kerevi-CFS piques my interest. CFS is in form and 13 is his position IMO.

The only thing I'm worried about is Kerevi's distribution at 12. Hope Jono's practising his cutout pass!

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Much as I think it's harsh to drop DP from the starting side, especially since Thorn knows exactly what he's capable of as arguably the best player in Qld Country, I have to admit that a centre combination of Kerevi-CFS piques my interest. CFS is in form and 13 is his position IMO.

The only thing I'm worried about is Kerevi's distribution at 12. Hope Jono's practising his cutout pass!

The Kerevi - CFS centers remind me of the Kerevi - Kuridrani center pairing (that I think is the best option for the Wallabies). I do think Paia'aua being dropped from the side is disappointing. Almost as disappointing as seeing Nabuli still in the side.
Also I'm not entirely sure about playing Paia'aua at 15, I'd sooner have Paia'aua at 10 and Lance at 15 (Toua to the wing) if that's your preference.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The Kerevi - CFS centers remind me of the Kerevi - Kuridrani center pairing (that I think is the best option for the Wallabies). I do think Paia'aua being dropped from the side is disappointing. Almost as disappointing as seeing Nabuli still in the side.
Also I'm not entirely sure about playing Paia'aua at 15, I'd sooner have Paia'aua at 10 and Lance at 15 (Toua to the wing) if that's your preference.

Not sure Kerevi deserves to be in the Wallabies at all.

T

TOCC

Not sure Kerevi deserves to be in the Wallabies at all.

I don’t think that’s what he was saying...

Rather, if Kerevi is to be selected for the Wallabies, his best spot would be 12, which many on this forum agree with

Status
Not open for further replies.