• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Bulls. R8 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Pretoria must be the toughest away game in the world. Brad Thorn was talking about the effects of the altitude and lack of humidity yesterday on the radio. Sounds very painful.

We lost but I enjoyed the game, the boys are showing heart and are working hard for each other and how many games would we have had to play to see 3 tries when Woody was coach?

I don't care what they do but Liam Fuckin Gill must stay at the Reds and never leave. We have lost too much talent, lets turn the tide starting with him.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Pretoria must be the toughest away game in the world. Brad Thorn was talking about the effects of the altitude and lack of humidity yesterday on the radio. Sounds very painful.

We lost but I enjoyed the game, the boys are showing heart and are working hard for each other and how many games would we have had to play to see 3 tries when Woody was coach?

I don't care what they do but Liam Fuckin Gill must stay at the Reds and never leave. We have lost too much talent, lets turn the tide starting with him.

The scary thing is that this is not a great Bulls team. On another thread someone said Brumbies mid-table, Tahs, Reds, Force and Rebels bottom feeders. I am confident the Aussie teams can beat the Kings, Cheetahs and Sunwolves only, the rest have got our measure.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Look at the still shot and Gill has lovely form in kicking that drop goal. Left hand high, head down, plant foot perfectly next to the ball.

Almost makes me suspicious he either practices them lots, maybe even was a planned move.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Kerevi scored a couple but his ball security poor.

Gill huge and THAT kick !!!! What more can you say.

Scrum very dominant early but went to average and poor a bit later. Think the backrowers need to act as one a bit more. Missed Shatz at scrumtime and around the park.

Reckon Stiles / MOC made a strategic mistake at about 64 or 65 when we had a scrum attacking the Bulls line , 5 metres out. Replaced Slipper with Sef and shit then happened. I don't know what has happened to Sef's scrummaging. In the first few games he was strong and in the most part, quite dominant. Now he seems to be having trouble.

Missed Simmons as well.

Hunt, after playing so well last week had a shit-house game and a Wallaby callup is very very unlikely. There are more worthy players.

That lack of call on the clean out for their second try was a bit of a joke. Clean out was lead with shoulder, at an angle and he left his feet. Ref had to pretty much not look at the screen to find nothing wrong! Video ref knew it was dodgy.

Spot on Scotty

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
That kick was just good thinking and great execution. Heard the ref yell penalty advantage and thought to himself "ok, no risk here have a go Gilly you cheeky bastard". Worst outcome a penalty in halfway (that Jake would have missed most likely)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The field goal was a beauty but on penalty advantage don't you go for the try? You've already got a reasonable chance at 3 points.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah fair enough. I didn't mind Liam just taking the FG but I guess it would've been a good chance to chance their arm with some less conservative play or something. But whatever. That's why they play Rugby for a living and I don't I guess. ;)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The Reds would have been chuffed after the field goal and it would have been a good feeling in the dressing room. If they had chanced there arm and failed they wouldn't have got that. If they had chanced their arm and let in a try it would have been demoralising.
Gill's field goal wasn't low risk it was no risk. No down side and all upside.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Maybe Gilly just wants to move up from smokey to full time goal-kicker. As has already been mentioned it was a beautiful, textbook strike..

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
More of a chance of Gill kicking a droppie from that distance than of McIntyre getting a penalty over from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because McIntyre hasn't ever kicked a penalty like that before. o_O Short memory. No need to criticize another player, Gill's play on a penalty call was gold.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe Gilly just wants to move up from smokey to full time goal-kicker. As has already been mentioned it was a beautiful, textbook strike..

Gill's kick was fantastic. As someone said it gave the team a good feeling at half time.

But lets get back to reality:

I wonder how many successful drop goals Liam would make from that distance if he had 10 shots ??????????????

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
But lets get back to reality:

I wonder how many successful drop goals Liam would make from that distance if he had 10 shots ??????????????

But that's the whole point. He did it under penalty advantage, which means if he missed they would have been able to have another go or kick to the corner and rumble.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The scary thing is that this is not a great Bulls team. On another thread someone said Brumbies mid-table, Tahs, Reds, Force and Rebels bottom feeders. I am confident the Aussie teams can beat the Kings, Cheetahs and Sunwolves only, the rest have got our measure.

Except the Highlanders. They don't have our measure. Well the Reds measure anyway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.