• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2022

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'm happy to see Fijians decide to stay\return in Fiji. Hopefully Samoa and Tonga will start to see benefits also.
Imagine where they'd be if earlier Super Rugby expansion had included the PI teams.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

And Taj Annan is more likely a 12 ,13 , 15 utility in Senior Rugby . Doubt you can seriously put his name into a future 10 spot.
He has a LOT of learning to do.
I have watched him closely for 4 -5 years now and believe he is good but not great.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Money well spent by the Reds to develop him from nowhere, hey?

Did we really spend that much time and effort developing him though? Over the couple of seasons he was with us, he started, what, less than a handful of games and another handful from the bench?

Happy for him to play with the Drua if the stories are correct about him leaving due to family reasons. Flooks development has come leaps and bounds with the opportunities Flipio and Isaia gave him.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

You must be new here.

Droasese played colts at wests before he had any kind of NRC/Super contract.
after he was spotted in a FIJI u16 side that was beaten by Qld Red and Qld White by over 50 points each.

BTW none of those Qld lads were ever offered a contract or support that Droaese was. Some are now playing in QPR (Colts and Prems) and Shute Shield.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Queensland Reds are seeking further medical opinion, however it is expected tighthead prop Taniela Tupou will be sidelined for the remainder of the Super Rugby Pacific season with a calf strain suffered in last Friday's match against the Chiefs.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
The Queensland Reds are seeking further medical opinion, however it is expected tighthead prop Taniela Tupou will be sidelined for the remainder of the Super Rugby Pacific season with a calf strain suffered in last Friday's match against the Chiefs.
Far out, the number of injuries related to fatigue/overuse has been huge this year - big loss and a blow to our chances in the finals. Hopefully he’s alright for the international season

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Is Zane back from his injury yet? Feao should be able to cover adequately. Would be an interesting experiment to put LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at 6 to help give some extra weight at scrum time if we want to still try and use the scrum for penalties.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
He seemed to have ice on his achilles as well, was there two issues?

I assume given the stress at THP icing your achillies after a game is probably a standard thing for prevention of injuries.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, it can be. But it can be a lot of things. The comment above indicate we’ve had a lot of injuries from overuse/fatigue. I’m not really sure that’s true.

Petaia & Vunivalu are guys who’ve certainly been treated very carefully. But you certainly couldn’t say they’ve been overused. Any sign of trouble and they’ve been taken from the field.

Off the top of my head our other injuries have been Mafi, Nasser, Nonggorr (I think) Salakao-Loti, Wright, ASY (Angus Scott-Young), McDermott, JOC (James O'Connor), Henry, Campbell, Paisami. Any I’ve missed?

I’m not aware of any of those coming from fatigue/burnout. it could well be - maybe I’m just not aware of it.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Ankle syndesmosis(rolled ankle) has been the biggest issue this season, and has nothing to do with fatigue/overuse, usually the ground condition is blamed for those.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, it can be. But it can be a lot of things. The comment above indicate we’ve had a lot of injuries from overuse/fatigue. I’m not really sure that’s true.

Petaia & Vunivalu are guys who’ve certainly been treated very carefully. But you certainly couldn’t say they’ve been overused. Any sign of trouble and they’ve been taken from the field.

Off the top of my head our other injuries have been Mafi, Nasser, Nonggorr (I think) Salakao-Loti, Wright, ASY (Angus Scott-Young) (Angus Scott-Young), McDermott, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), Henry, Campbell, Paisami. Any I’ve missed?

I’m not aware of any of those coming from fatigue/burnout. it could well be - maybe I’m just not aware of it.
Yes apologies everyone, I should’ve been more specific/used a different term. I was referencing the number of soft tissue injuries that seemingly haven’t been as a result of impact/collision - strains, pulls, tears, etc., which I know are part and parcel with any sport, but it seems like we’ve had more than usual this season

Reactions: TSR