• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2022

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Why are we rushing an 18 year to play at the senior level?
No one is rushing anyone. I think it is expected that a full time contracted player (with a locker with the core players) is at Premier Rugby level.
What I think has happened it that Tom Lynagh’s family name has elevated his contract and privileges well above his skill level and everyone is expecting to see him on the paddock, but he is clearly not ready. I think everyone thought Lynagh was replacing Gordon, but clearly they are a few years apart.

Last edited:

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Indigenous jersey for Rd 14 Moana clash
4F6A7756-215E-4CA5-9F09-7C9EA2BF0CC7.jpeg

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Great to have Reds players male and female out at the clubs tonight for junior training. Well done Reds Organisation and players, Big buzz to have the kids get to train in front of and get encouragement from the Players . Well done.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Last night was the first glimpse of hope I saw from Vunivalu. Despite my thoughts of being overhyped and overpriced, I’m now thinking we can make use of him in the centre channel and wing. I watched Dangunu play at Wests yesterday and even though he didn’t get much ball, he is a Super Rugby player and should be pulled back into the team.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Last night was the first glimpse of hope I saw from Vunivalu. Despite my thoughts of being overhyped and overpriced, I’m now thinking we can make use of him in the centre channel and wing. I watched Dangunu play at Wests yesterday and even though he didn’t get much ball, he is a Super Rugby player and should be pulled back into the team.
If you think of how much game time vunivalu had he just not had had the platform to show what he can offer but glimpses shown special talent. Last night just reaffirmed to me if can stay injury free he will be part of the wallaby conversation. Players of this quality are hard to attract to our code and to me showed enough that as long as keeps injury free we should be making efforts to retain him.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
If you think of how much game time vunivalu had he just not had had the platform to show what he can offer but glimpses shown special talent. Last night just reaffirmed to me if can stay injury free he will be part of the wallaby conversation. Players of this quality are hard to attract to our code and to me showed enough that as long as keeps injury free we should be making efforts to retain him.
Injuries still need to be factored in. If he can improve on last night and play big minutes each game, then we have a winner.

EDIT. IMO he still needs to catch up on the money already paid, so the contract negotiation would need to be balanced.

Last edited:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Injuries still need to be factored in. If he can improve on last night and play big minutes each game, then we have a winner.

EDIT. IMO he still needs to catch up on the money already paid, so the contract negotiation would need to be balanced.
With injuries that is not how it works ie catch up as more forward looking ie is he still highly injury prone or do we think it is behind him, has he shown enough that he can still be the player we thought he could be when first recruited. I would say yes but got a bit more time to evaluate that.

The Phoenix

Sydney Middleton (9)
In attack he showed his ability - on the other hand his defensive reads were abysmal.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
In attack he showed his ability - on the other hand his defensive reads were abysmal.
Agreed, I thought he was certainly hard to stop when he had a head of steam but defensively he was a liability and at test level that will be exposed. I'm surprise that the Reds coaching staff or even teammates haven't sorted that out - we tell juniors to communicate to their team mates when they need to mark the opposition and move out.

Jock Campbell looked very good - great support play and Petaia was lively and hard to contain.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
More importantly any word on Asiata?

If he’s not right, and assuming the coaches don’t want to look at club players, it only leaves Moore?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
More importantly any word on Asiata?

If he’s not right, and assuming the coaches don’t want to look at club players, it only leaves Moore?

Are there any club players who've earned the shot? Having only played a handful of games the sample size may not be there.

Has Moore still been training with the Reds/UQ?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Are there any club players who've earned the shot? Having only played a handful of games the sample size may not be there.

Has Moore still been training with the Reds/UQ?
Moore has not been training for rugby. He has been keeping fit with running and bike riding.

Might be time for a hail mary selection. Remember blokes like Little and Horan were dragged out of obscurity and seemed to go ok.