• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Assuming Stewart and FLook are out for the season and Paisami and CFS are fit by the next game, hese are probably the 2 main options at this point, both seeing JOC (James O'Connor) shift to 12:

10 Hegarty
11 Daugunu
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 Petaia
14 CFS
15 Campbell

Bench: Paisami/Hardy

OR

10 Hegarty
11 Daugunu
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 Paisami
14 Petaia
15 Campbell

Bench: CFS/Hardy

I'm not sure there's much else you can do immediately, I'm not aware of any other backs in the squad - as far as I can tell Droasese never rejoined the squad after lock down. I think they're going to need to bring another 12 or 10/12 into the bubble, if they pull them in this weekend they'll be available around the brumbies game.

As far as who that is I'm not sure. Kerevi is in Brisbane and if that is workable it's a pretty hard option to ignore. Not sure what the finals eligibility is like this year, but I can't see RA blocking it, would likely be down to the reds and him coming to an equitable deal (equitable for the rest of the squad as much as everyone else).

Failing that, I'm not up on all the premier rugby centres going around, but from what I have seen Con Foley would probably be my first port of call. He's an experienced professional, played for city a few years ago so isn't foreign to the squad and just generally seems like a safe pair of hands.

Anyone aware of any other contenders?

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Though it puts Hegarty into a key role. He was good last night but we would want JOC (James O'Connor) roaming as first receiver.

Sad if JOC (James O'Connor) misses his chance to run directly against To'omua.

To'omua will be at 12.

B

Bobby Sands

Just ran into Alec Evans proudly wearing his Reds kit at our local shops . Had a chat to him about the Reds and he said the same thing , thought the loss to the Tahs has sparked them to lift.

He was also wearing his Brisbane Grammar cap , so he is definitely an optimist .

I have been coached by Alec.

Sweariest coach of all time.

One of the true greats.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Though it puts Hegarty into a key role. He was good last night but we would want JOC (James O'Connor) roaming as first receiver.

Sad if JOC (James O'Connor) misses his chance to run directly against To'omua.

? Do the Reds play the Rebels again before a possible meeting in the semi-finals?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I’d assume you’d put Hegarty at 10 & JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 with either Petaia at 13 & CFS at 14 or Paisami at 13 & Petaia on the wing.

Pretty damn good depth to be honest.
Yep Hegarty was the surprise coming on that showed some form so one becomes comfortable playing him in the starting lineup at 10 and JOC (James O'Connor) at 12. Gees Tate, JOC (James O'Connor), Petaia we’re bloody good in that backline though last night

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Yep Hegarty was the surprise coming on that showed some form so one becomes comfortable playing him in the starting lineup at 10 and JOC (James O'Connor) at 12. Gees Tate, JOC (James O'Connor), Petaia we’re bloody good in that backline though last night

I thought Petaia was pretty quiet, on attack at least.. He made a few key tackles in defence

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
I’d assume you’d put Hegarty at 10 & JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 with either Petaia at 13 & CFS at 14 or Paisami at 13 & Petaia on the wing.

Pretty damn good depth to be honest.

I don't think they should break up the 9-10 combo, its just hitting form at the moment.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I don't think they should break up the 9-10 combo, its just hitting form at the moment.

Adam, that form worked fine last night with 9 Tate 10 Hegarty 12 JOC (James O'Connor). We missed STewart but it worked fine. Brilliantly actually.

Just make sure JOC (James O'Connor) has choice on slotting in to the first receiver role.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
Last night was a lot of fun but let’s not get too excited.

It’s only 6 wins so far (to match 6 wins in ‘18 and ‘19)

This years wins have been vs sunwolves, bulls, Tahs, rebels and force twice.

Not a lot to crow about there.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Hamish injury isn’t too bad, he could be back to play against the Brumbies. Along with Paisami and CFS.
Not sure about props/hookers, I think Mafi is our for the season.