• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Because actually going to the game is actually kind of fun, and you are supporting local rugby. I would go with friends to the NRC a number of times not for any reason other than to just support the competition.

I'm happy to go to games and support a team but I currently see no value in the Reds. If I rock up tonight I'll miss most of the first half as I try to get in the one gate that they have open and I won't be able to get a drink or food without missing the rest of the game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm happy to go to games and support a team but I currently see no value in the Reds. If I rock up tonight I'll miss most of the first half as I try to get in the one gate that they have open and I won't be able to get a drink or food without missing the rest of the game.

Swap in Tahs and Allianz and 'tis a familiar story.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Stuff it. Worth a trip up the M1 in the old HR to go to HQ

$17 to watch a Reds rugby match, albeit a trial. Most of the starters will be in the Super team so
worth the money to me.

Hope it cools down somewhat !

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Now consider this, the Melbourne Rebels cheapest tickets for Rd 1 of Super Rugby against the Reds is $15 for an adult and $6 for kids.
Our first home game v Brumbies is $31 adults and $16 for kids ages 4-16. That’s the cheapest tickets. Crazy! That’s great from the Rebels I reckon!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
What’s with all the kicking the ball away? Surely in a trial you want to hold on the ball and practice using it?

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
A few Notes:
General
* The Reds look very much like they are treating this as a Super Rugby game (took the early/easy 3).
* Reds Defence is very good and clearly a big priority!
* Line Speed is very good.
* Conditions are very likely challenging given the rain and humidity.

Backs
* Lance looks very good.
* Aiden not so much -- they look like they want him to kick, that's quite curious (they have like 4 guys who are better kickers in Tuttle, Lance, Paia'aua and Perese).
* I think Stewart should start at 15 to have that interchange with Lance and learn the ropes.
* Tactical kicking is going to be a really big part of the game.

Forwards
* Douglas has looked quite poor, missed two quite simple kickoffs.
* Reds Scum has been rock solid!
* Lineouts are looking very fast although we haven't seen them setup a maul.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
What’s with all the kicking the ball away? Surely in a trial you want to hold on the ball and practice using it?

Nah, they want to practice defense and scrums! :p
I think their kicks aren't quite hitting the mark. I think they are trying to play that tactical kicking game.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I suspect kicking the ball away is something we're going to see a lot of this season.

They did it a lot in the Tens too, and often paid the price in the more open game. But in 15s with a strong defence it's viable... Hopefully more All Blacks than Highlanders, though. Highlanders do it a bit much for my liking!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It’s more the bloody grubbers. Finally get the ball out he backs in space and they drop it on the toe! Use it!!!!

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I will never understand how that's a 'deliberate knock down' when they player has his hands out to make the tackle and hasn't moved them (aside to attempt the tackle).

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I’d be interested to see some possession stats for this game. Feels like we haven’t had the ball for more than a few minutes. Fiji doing an excellent job of hanging onto the ball and we are doing a top job of giving it up.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I’d be interested to see some possession stats for this game. Feels like we haven’t had the ball for more than a few minutes. Fiji doing an excellent job of hanging onto the ball and we are doing a top job of giving it up.

Yeah, spot on Fiji has had so much ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.