• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
If you guys get another 38 injuries this season (or however many it was last year), then surely RG has got to go.

If he utters 'I couldn't execute my game plan because I didn't have the cattle' again, I'll fly up to Queensland to personally kick him in the nuts.

I thought it was bad enough that he was coaching the team, but the strength and conditioning program he enforced last season left you guys running out with Nudgee College's 16B's.

Lets hope he can turn the ship around, but things were wrong on many levels.
unfortunatley the Titanic was on a one way voyage

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Having let go of Kotze, Murday, Horwill, O'Donoghue all after last season and now NRC Prospect Ben Hyne has been scooped up by the Brumbies for a pre season contract. The Reds are now in hunt of a replacement in the row. Simmons and Neville will now be the starting couple with only Rodda, Tui on there books.

What was a very strong looking tight five is now looking rather shaky with rumours that both Holmes and Slipper could miss the early few rounds. IMO Talakai and Faagase would be great replacements however the row is an area of major concern

T

TOCC

A ruptured ACL is usually a 6month rehabilitation process, if Kane Douglas plays for the Reds in 2016 it won't be until the later half of the season, realistically he will only feature in the last 3 games following the June test series, any more then that is a bonus.

Slipper will get the shoulder looked at on return and if a full reconstruction is necessary then he could be out for 4-6months as well.

On another note, the other Wallaby forwards Holmes and Simmons are injury free and should be right to go for the season opener.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Having let go of Kotze, Murday, Horwill, O'Donoghue all after last season and now NRC Prospect Ben Hyne has been scooped up by the Brumbies for a pre season contract. The Reds are now in hunt of a replacement in the row. Simmons and Neville will now be the starting couple with only Rodda, Tui on there books.

What was a very strong looking tight five is now looking rather shaky with rumours that both Holmes and Slipper could miss the early few rounds. IMO Talakai and Faagase would be great replacements however the row is an area of major concern

My thoughts too. We still have Stiles though and you just don't know what he can do.

What do we know about Rodda and Tui?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
My thoughts too. We still have Stiles though and you just don't know what he can do.

What do we know about Rodda and Tui?

Rodda played colts for Easts and is in the U20's program. Tui played Aus 20s last season but has only a handful of years in rugby coming from a Rugby League background. Both too young and too inexperienced to be on the bench in the tight 5.
I'm hearing that Curis Browning could be a potential replacement on the bench as Super Rugby cover. We will lose some height however will have a lot of mobility around that area

Reactions: dru

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
So for the Season opener.
Injured: JJT, Douglas, Slipper, Holmes
Potentially still in Japan: Tui, Goromaru

Anyone else booked for a short spell on the sideline? Any news on guys who missed out on some NRC: Schatz, Browning, Fakasolia, Daley, Fainga'a, Gunn, A.Fainga'a, CFS?

Other Injured NRC prospects - Big Tupou? Perese ?(Heard he's getting a contract here), Richie Arnold? That huge Sikheau or however you spell in from QLD Country?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Arnold is likely off to Perth in the expanded squad.

Perese apparently has a similar contract with the Reds.

Tupou is on a 3 year contract with the QRU.

Daley back full in training.

T

TOCC

m
I'm hearing that Curis Browning could be a potential replacement on the bench as Super Rugby cover. We will lose some height however will have a lot of mobility around that area

Curtis Browning is far to short to play lock..Reds need another lock in the event of injuries to Neville or Simmons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Arnold is likely off to Perth in the expanded squad.

Perese apparently has a similar contract with the Reds.

Tupou is on a 3 year contract with the QRU.

Daley back full in training.

Was thinking Criff Tupou, the big bro, only got a couple NRC games back looked damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.