• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
snip

Goromaru has a bit of cult following in Japan especially following his RWC efforts, with the inclusion of Japan in Super Rugby next year it will be interesting to see what/if any profile boost it gives to the Reds in Japan.
In Japan they only show 3-4 Super XV games live each week. When the Rebels signed Shota Horie it resulted in nearly all of the Rebels games being broadcast live, likewise for the Highlanders with Tanaka. Tanaka usually does a phone interview before most games as well. I imagine that the Reds will be getting most of the attention now.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
So according the trailer the new Reds jersey looks like the new Toulouse jersey, with a strange line in the middle of the jersey:

This does water down the claim that BLK spent a million dollars developing the Reds jersey, they appear to be floggin it to someone else, unless the development cost 2 million dollars.

On that logic, this could be the most expensive jersey of all time, BLK do jersey's for like 20 teams on their website.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
If you sign a contract that binds you in TO play for a province for at least 2 years, then you can play for Aus. That signed contract doesn't necessarily have to have started yet.

If today, S.Timani signed a 2 year contract with the rebels STARTING in Novemeber 2016 for 2017 competition, he could play for the wallabies tomorrow.

No, I think the wording is more like, "immediately upon return to Australia."

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Meh, the new jersey is fine. The weird lines are miles better than that bloody tacky white background the St George logo sat on for 2 or 3 seasons. With the Reds throwing around how much it cost, I'm not looking forward to see how much they want for a jersey. The $130+ mark they seem to want now is just unreasonable for team that needs the fan engagement back.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
@TOCC and @RugbyReg et al must have just about spat out their weeties reading that :p

I am really glad I had a positive influence on you to renew. :) Despite what I may say on here - I will be raring to go before every match next year just as I have been previously.

We Are Red.

You say you're not positive Gel but really, deep down..... We know.....

We are Red indeed!

Reactions: gel

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think if anyone is being overly critical of the 'changes' to the Reds jersey for next year then I think they are looking for things to be critical of. I'd be stoked if that was our biggest issue right now.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Scoey i am going to buy one, they look way comfier than the last few years of jersey's.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

dru

David Wilson (68)
I think if anyone is being overly critical of the 'changes' to the Reds jersey for next year then I think they are looking for things to be critical of. I'd be stoked if that was our biggest issue right now.

Hell yes. I'm still trying to work out what I think of the Squad with injuries to Slipper and Douglas. I was really positive about our lock strength, now I'm not so sure.

The jumper is fine.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm not sure what the nest answer is for 12/13. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer Hunt at 15.

So is it Kerevi 12 and FTA 13? That's probably how I'd prefer those two arranged even though Samu has been more effective at 13.

Could it be 12 Duncan P and 13 Kerevi?

12 Kerevi, 13 Magnay?

It's a puzzler

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah Douglas is a big loss, but Neville had a blinder of a NRC season and is a good signing. The big worry now will be depth below Simmons and Neville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I also noted Neville had a blinder of a NRC season....Rebels would be gutted as was bit ordinary for Rebels I thought but looks like come into some good form.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
In Japan they only show 3-4 Super XV games live each week. When the Rebels signed Shota Horie it resulted in nearly all of the Rebels games being broadcast live, likewise for the Highlanders with Tanaka. Tanaka usually does a phone interview before most games as well. I imagine that the Reds will be getting most of the attention now.

Yes in that case Reds maybe saw the wider commercial potential as well as rugby quality with Goromaru - makes sense as Reds are running a business so get high profile international players that attract wider TV audience - means more sponsors etc....perhaps more savvy this signing than meets the eye.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Nice to have Goromaru on board but can't help but feel they would be better off in the Japanese team.

New jersey looks good. Like the addition of a bit more blue. Won't be getting a new one this year but might change my mind if it comes out in a more traditional style.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Yes I also noted Neville had a blinder of a NRC season..Rebels would be gutted as was bit ordinary for Rebels I thought but looks like come into some good form.

I thought last year Simmo and Horwill needed another big name hunting for their starting spots. Not because they aren't good, but just to keep their heads at the game in a shite year. Neville ticks that box nicely, as does Douglas to replace Horwill. But Neville - Simmo is not better than Horwill - Simmo.

Is it Tui the likely 3rd lock? Where is he at?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Kane Douglas missing some time should see Graham get a 3 year extension.

If you guys get another 38 injuries this season (or however many it was last year), then surely RG has got to go.

If he utters 'I couldn't execute my game plan because I didn't have the cattle' again, I'll fly up to Queensland to personally kick him in the nuts.

I thought it was bad enough that he was coaching the team, but the strength and conditioning program he enforced last season left you guys running out with Nudgee College's 16B's.

Lets hope he can turn the ship around, but things were wrong on many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.