• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Look, in all honesty, it was a very, very ordinary performance. However, in 2011 the Reds lost to the Tahs 30-6 in the second round of regular fixtures - an almost mirror image performance to that of last night.

Now, it's only the first game. I personally think the Reds will come back and perform a lot better against the force. I do not think it's all doom and gloom.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Look, in all honesty, it was a very, very ordinary performance. However, in 2011 the Reds lost to the Tahs 30-6 in the second round of regular fixtures - an almost mirror image performance to that of last night.

Now, it's only the first game. I personally think the Reds will come back and perform a lot better against the force. I do not think it's all doom and gloom.

I'd love to buy into that but I just can't. I said the same thing after we were pummelled by the Tahs last year. The reality is that Graham is an average coach who has overseen an absolute 180 across the park, especially in defense. I'll give him benefit of the doubt until we get a few guys back, but if results and just sheer performance don't pick up he won't make it to April.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

Err yeah, but you also had a different coach in 2011 and a team raring to go.

I really hope Horwill finds some form and goes out from Aus rugby on a fitting note. Poor prick must feel like he is the lead part in some maudlin Greek tragedy. Highs of 2011 to the lows of now.

He has the skills to get back to the top. He just needs to find something to put it all together.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Indication in the papers that Ant Fainga'a, McDuling, JOC (James O'Connor) and Thomson will be playing vs the Force so that's a minor positive. JJT out next week and Duncan copped a bump.

You'd think they'll come in for CFS, Kotze, JJT and Schatz respectively (I thought Curtis was better last week, quite physical and worked all day).

1. Slipper
2. FTS
3. Talakai
4. EOD or Dules
5. Horwill (with his head pulled right the fuck in)
6. Browning
7. Gill
8. Thomson
9. Genia
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Kuridrani
12. Ant
13. Kerevi
14. Turner
15. Hunt

That'd be my pick

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

I have a bridge that's for sale, and I have a feeling you are just the sort of person that might be interested.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
We also got fucking blasted by the Tahs last year in what looked like an incredibly similar performance.

Now, about that bridge..

Reactions: gel

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Indication in the papers that Ant Fainga'a, McDuling, JOC (James O'Connor) and Thomson will be playing vs the Force so that's a minor positive. JJT out next week and Duncan copped a bump.

You'd think they'll come in for CFS, Kotze, JJT and Schatz respectively (I thought Curtis was better last week, quite physical and worked all day).

1. Slipper
2. FTS
3. Talakai
4. EOD or Dules
5. Horwill (with his head pulled right the fuck in)
6. Browning
7. Gill
8. Thomson
9. Genia
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Kuridrani
12. Ant
13. Kerevi
14. Turner
15. Hunt

That'd be my pick

Howill should be dumped now.

I'd keep Shatz but bench Curtis .

The rest is good I MO

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
^ True, it wasn't. So do you run 2 back up locks and have Dules or Schatz run the line out.

Doubt it. He'll be dirty on himself Kev and he won't be that shit again

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Kev will probably cop a suspension from SANZAR, so doubt he will even play. McDuling and Kotze will hopefully start with O'Donoghue the last lock available on the bench.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
^ True, it wasn't. So do you run 2 back up locks and have Dules or Schatz run the line out.

Doubt it. He'll be dirty on himself Kev and he won't be that shit again
I would most certainly do that. Best way to place your playing group at the top of a slippery slope is to go soft on a good player when a lesser player would be raked over the coals.
If he escapes sanction from SANZAR then RG should give him a week off. If SANZAR give him a rest then the next game he's available he comes off the bench if at all.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I think Kev will probably cop a suspension from SANZAR, so doubt he will even play. McDuling and Kotze will hopefully start with O'Donoghue the last lock available on the bench.
is a red card for cynical play a judiciary thing? Never heard of it before but then can't say I remember a player getting sent off like Kev was. Normally palyers fix their behavior after giving away a couple of penalties. Kev was on some kind of mission to break a record.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
is a red card for cynical play a judiciary thing? Never heard of it before but then can't say I remember a player getting sent off like Kev was. Normally palyers fix their behavior after giving away a couple of penalties. Kev was on some kind of mission to break a record.

He's got a date with the judiciary today:

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/james-horwill-red-card-offence/
JAMES HORWILL RED CARD OFFENCE

Hearing Details: Sunday 15 February 2015 (Time TBC)
Duty Judicial Officer: Nicholas Davidson QC (Quade Cooper)
Player: James Horwill
Team: Reds
Position: Lock
Date of Incident: 13 February 2015
Nature of Offence/s: 10.3 (b) Repeated infringements by the team and 10.3 (b) Repeated infringements by the team
Elapsed time in match when offence occurred: 48th and 75th minutes

James Horwill of the Reds received a red card for foul play during a Super Rugby match at the weekend.

Horwill was issued a yellow card on two separate occasions for 10.3 (b) Repeated infringements by the team in the 48th and 75th minutes of the match between the Brumbies and the Reds at GIO Stadium in Canberra on 13 February 2015, and was consequently shown a red card.

The case is to be considered in the first instance by SANZAR Duty Judicial Officer Nicholas Davidson QC (Quade Cooper).

All SANZAR disciplinary matters are in the first instance referred to a Duty Judicial Officer hearing to provide the option of expediting the judicial process.

For a matter to be dispensed with at this hearing, the person appearing must plead guilty and accept the penalty offered by the DJO.

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
I'd love to buy into that but I just can't. I said the same thing after we were pummelled by the Tahs last year. The reality is that Graham is an average coach who has overseen an absolute 180 across the park, especially in defense. I'll give him benefit of the doubt until we get a few guys back, but if results and just sheer performance don't pick up he won't make it to April.

I was at the game the other night, and I went home and watched the replay. It appears that a few QLD supporters want to put someone on the chopping board? If anything the Qld's have a team of support coaches. Who's the defensive coach?? maybe he's the one who needs to get a smack on the wrists. I actually thought that Lochy Turner and Liam Gill went pretty well. Theres also a few young boys coming through who for the most part a probably playing against guys they've wanted to emulate for a number of years.Remember most of the Brumbie back line are Wallabies. I think yes the scoreline wasn't great but its the very first game of the season. You might need to question the coaches lack of preparation for the players. Maybe by round 3 or 4 and theres no improvement then you need to question what the hells happening.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I suspect that the Reds are still running Graham's system, even though another coach (Wilkins) takes defence. Graham likes passive, sliding defences, despite nearly every successful team having a more aggressive defence.

One of Graham's biggest faults is not admitting things are not working and changing, which was also one of Link's strengths. Graham has inflicted the same failing defence system since he took over, and he's inflicted the same un-executable game plans as well. And he hasn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.