• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I was at the game the other night, and I went home and watched the replay. It appears that a few QLD supporters want to put someone on the chopping board? If anything the Qld's have a team of support coaches. Who's the defensive coach?? maybe he's the one who needs to get a smack on the wrists.

RG could get away with having his assistants cop the blame if he had a successful record leading a coaching team in previous seasons.

Unfortunately for him he has coached top teams for a few years now. And there's no winning record to fall back on. Buck stops with him.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
"The Law is intended to reinforce the need for discipline when the referees direct their concern about repeated infringements. In this instance, the team paid a price in points scored during the period of the sin-binnings and I am satisfied the player was not aware of the second warning.

"This needs to be highlighted as players coming to and from the field so often may not know of the general warning. The captains and off-field team personnel must bear some responsibility to communicate these warnings.

"Horwill has a good disciplinary record and the breaches were not of such character, for example foul play, as to require sanction in this case."

Kev gives away a tonne of penalties and it looks like the used the "I didn't know" defence.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I was at the game the other night, and I went home and watched the replay. It appears that a few QLD supporters want to put someone on the chopping board? If anything the Qld's have a team of support coaches. Who's the defensive coach?? maybe he's the one who needs to get a smack on the wrists. I actually thought that Lochy Turner and Liam Gill went pretty well. Theres also a few young boys coming through who for the most part a probably playing against guys they've wanted to emulate for a number of years.Remember most of the Brumbie back line are Wallabies. I think yes the scoreline wasn't great but its the very first game of the season. You might need to question the coaches lack of preparation for the players. Maybe by round 3 or 4 and theres no improvement then you need to question what the hells happening.

RG is the Head Coach. The buck stops with him - fact of the matter is the defense was awful last year and, at least from that performance, will be this year. If it's the Assistant's fault, RG has made the wrong hire or should take measures himself.
^ True, it wasn't. So do you run 2 back up locks and have Dules or Schatz run the line out.

Doubt it. He'll be dirty on himself Kev and he won't be that shit again

I absolutely would. I'd be prepared to give Kotze more time. I'm a big Kev fan, but that performance was utter shite. He knew the ref was onto him and did nothing to adjust his approach. Schoolboy stuff.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There's a few non-QLD fans (I think) that are saying that us Reds fans are overreacting or it's just round 1 so chill out.

What I will say to them is that it wasn't the loss that upset me, nor was it the score line. I couldn't care less that we were pumped.
What upset me is the all too familiar way we went about our rugby, or didn't as the case may be. It lacked urgency, aggression, cohesion and innovation. We were as weak as fuck and allowed ourselves to be bullied. We didn't execute the basics well enough, we infringed continuously.
This is going to sound dramatic, but we played without any heart or soul. We played exactly like we did in 2014 and if you only watch the occasional Reds game then you won't understand how depressing it is to see it again this year.
As a Reds fan, win lose or draw, I expect to see the boys play like Reds. I only saw flickers of it last year and the prospect of seeing a repeat of 2014 again this year upsets me more than it probably should.
Yep, it's only round 1 and a week is a bloody long time in footy. I will stay hopefully that this game will be an anomaly in an otherwise return to glorious QLD Rugby at its best but my slightly fragile confidence has taken an almighty blow to the guts over the weekend and I'm wavering already. That sucks.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Horwill is available.

Figured he would be - the citing I assume was automatic because he got a red card, and the reason was given as being based on team warnings.

The bigger question is whether of not RG picks him, or gives him a kick up the arse for giving away so many and a week on the pine.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hate that I had to write that.

Yeah I understand how you feel. I'm getting that feeling in the guts I used to get during the dark years of 2006-2008.

And judging by the pizzling the Force handed the Waratahs, we won't be feeling any better this time next week.

Going to need rum to numb the pain I think.

T

TOCC

i was disappointed at the loss... then i got over it... new week new opposition.. il support the Reds regardless of winning or losing... the team is bigger then the players and the coaches...

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
What upset me is the all too familiar way we went about our rugby, or didn't as the case may be. It lacked urgency, aggression, cohesion and innovation. We were as weak as fuck and allowed ourselves to be bullied. We didn't execute the basics well enough, we infringed continuously.
This is going to sound dramatic, but we played without any heart or soul.

Absolutely agree, the more I think about this game the more I think it was the worst reds game I've seen. To have started the season with such a piss poor showing hurts much more then the 92-3 or 61-8 losses against the bulls.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think a lot of you are getting a bit carried away. It's the first game of the season. I've seen a lot of teams in a lot of sports turn around much worse seasons than this. I remember in 2009, going to watch the Parramatta Eels get beaten by a very average Titans side at Skilled park. The eels were 5 wins from 16 after that game; close to bottom of the ladder. I remember Hindmarsh getting interviewed, he was asked if their season was over. He said something like "we can mathematically still make it but it's unlikely". I always remember that because they went on to win the next 7 games straight. Ended up playing some of the best footy of any team that season, on their way to the grand final.

The point is, teams turn their form around. All you need is for something to click among the players, and the team can catch fire. It's certainly way too early to be writing off your team after a first round loss, no matter how bad it is.

Hell people were writing off the Cleveland Cavaliers after they lost 4 of their first 5 games this season and I just laughed. Titles arent won in the first game/s of the season.

It might be true that Graham is a poor coach and catch take us to the finals, but it's way too early to concede that.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I certainly haven't written us off and I don't care that we lost. Like I said earlier, it has nothing to do with the result. Nothing.
All I was attempting to do, was to explain why I felt the way I do about that one game. Don't read into it any more than that.
I still and will always support the Reds regardless of results. But when they serve up a shit sandwich I don't have to smile and eat it. I can be upset that they did and expect and hope for better.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
i agree. and we should be letting the team know that this shit isnt good enough. It wasn't so much that the Reds were getting outplayed, it was more the way they just gave up in the second half. Horwill was one of the worst offenders.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
There's a lot of criticism of James on the thread but as recently as last year he was being lauded as being a Red forever. What has happened in the meantime. Is his attitude and performance an indication that all's not well between him and Richard Graham?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was thinking the same thing BR. A lot of guys on this forum were calling Big Kev 'the heart and soul of Queensland rugby', now he goes and plays like a mental patient and suddenly he should be reprimanded and put out to pasture.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Reprimanded yes. Put out to pasture, no.
One thing I did notice regarding Horwill though is after the Brums game he gave a big smile, hug and handshake to most of the Brumbies Wallabies but when he got to To'omua and White he gave them the most non committal hand shake and barely looked at them.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Reprimanded yes. Put out to pasture, no.
One thing I did notice regarding Horwill though is after the Brums game he gave a big smile, hug and handshake to most of the Brumbies Wallabies but when he got to To'omua and White he gave them the most non committal hand shake and barely looked at them.

Are you suggesting there's bad blood there? If so, any details or just surmising? On the topic, I noticed he didn't get a warm welcome back to the bench from his own team mates when he was carded the second time. But I guess you'd have to expect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.