• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Actually, while you could argue that there are a number of top line players out. The reality is that these players (and you can include the few injured wallabies as well), have not had a long pre-season with RG. However, most of the guys who took the field against the ponies did. In my eyes this makes it worse as these guys seemed totally clueless as to what to do, no game plan, no idea about a defensive line and no idea how to work a breakdown or even try to get along with a referee's style. You think the guys who have had the long preseason would know exactly what they are supposed to be doing. Even Slipper in his post match interview said they didn't execute the game plan at all. It reminds of last year when all we heard about was RG's fantastic game plan - but the players never actually executed it. Seems like more of the same this year.

Our only ray of hope seems to be that when guys like JOC (James O'Connor), Thompson, Tui and returning Wallabies like QC (Quade Cooper) get on the field for the Reds they won't have been with the team long enough for RG to turn them into clueless rugby players without a plan, and as such, we might see some great play from them.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I am guessing this weeks sales of memberships might be slow!

I thought there were some strange choices, I think we were behind by 18 at one point and took a penalty shot. This would have left us 15 points behind which is still three scoring plays. It made no sense to me.

I am very worried, how motivated are our injured guys to get back into the team after that? How many minutes into the game did Cooper start thinking about leaving after this season? We need a miracle at this point just to be competitive.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Thomson for Schatz for mine. Need a strong ball running loosie. Browning did well I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Yep Thomson for Shatz, problem with Thomson is that he can be an enigmatic player, he is either brilliant or average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^ It seems to have become an annual requirement for him to clock a Red. Ask Ed Quirk.

And the Citing Commissioner seems to be disinterested.

Not good form for a potential return to the Wobs Captain position.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Striking = red card. Just ask Wales how well it went for them to have their captain shown red. Seriously Slim, that's just a stupid comment.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I watched Moore come on to see if he's any good returning from injury.

What I saw at 54 min, 15 sec shocked me. I recall Moore getting away with a cheap shot punch last year in Brisbane, but tonight's 'coward punch' was so utterly dangerous that it has no place in the game. This has got to be reviewed and Moore must cop a suspension - otherwise rugby will become anything goes, and there will be serious injuries or fatalities.

Shame Moore shame!

Nah, nothing in it...........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The footage doesn't show anything but Moore making what is definitely a suspect action with his arm, but it's not clear what actually happens............

In the meantime Gardner is standing right there watching the whole thing.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
FFS Slim. Yes the video doesn't show any contact but where there's smoke there's fire. You're in the Reds thread where you know a lot of us are going to be pissed off, upset and cranky and you're throwing out rancid bait. Maybe just take you and all of your class elsewhere.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's fair enough Scoey, but the outrage aimed at Moore based on that footage is a bit over the top............

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If he did punch Hanson or whoever it was, it would have been a yellow card.

Nothing more than that. It certainly wouldn't have changed the result in any way whatsoever.

That said, it's a bit unbecoming of someone who wants to be Wallaby captain again.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Prob best just to leave it all alone. Nothing good will come from discussing it. It's going to be a long enough season as it is.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bigger picture problem here is Aussie players acting like dickheads. Horwill and now Moore. These are the bloke we need to lead if we are going to have a serious crack at the WC but they are carrying on with poor shit not needed.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
That said, it's a bit unbecoming of someone who wants to be Wallaby captain again.

Yes, if there is one thing that is for certain, he should have pulled a street sign out of the ground and used that as a weapon, not his fists. This would take him to the top of the captaincy stakes

Status
Not open for further replies.