• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
The more I think about it Reg- you're correct! I would be targeting someone like Hodgson from the Force. Or even Pocock (when fit). Yeah, experience is key. I must be having a blonde but ambitious moment!

In the grand scheme of things, spending that kind of money on getting another open side flanker is largely redundant. Sure Hodgson or Pocock would be great, but they're not really needed as we have both Gill and Beau who have largely been doing a solid job.

The huge money the two examples you suggest would be better off spent reinforcing positions that would have a huge impact ie the Positions TOCC suggested earlier.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
*IF* Richard Graham were still coach next year, would it hamper the chances of signing any of these decent players you are all talking about?

Surely when looking at his coaching results, players must have some doubts about what they will be able to achieve under his control.

Would this not make it even more difficult to sign up all these quality players we are talking about?

What about the players we have now? Are some of them looking to leave now?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Why would Pocock even be considered. The reality is that he's essentiaaly been out of the game for 2 seasons. Personally I think he is done (I hope not but)

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Why would Pocock even be considered. The reality is that he's essentiaaly been out of the game for 2 seasons. Personally I think he is done (I hope not but)

He's only 26 or 27, he'll get back stronger than before.
Be a huge loss to Aus rugby if he didn't.

something

Jim Clark (26)
2. Very, very bold prediction- Sam Greene! His kicking is sensational. If his defence and size improve a bit, he should be considered!

i reckon Greene probably has the best kicking game in Australia... like it is a joy to watch... i just dont know if he is ready to make the step up??

He has performed admirably at prems and it is awesome that he was highest point scorer in his first year out of school but i reckon you'd want to wait another year or two before he is ready for super level...

that being said, having a player who can kick it 60m accurately every time is a huge advantage

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Greene is developing very well.

Bringing him in as Quade's back up next year is a must in my opinion.

The kid has an excellent kicking game and has good game management.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Coaching idea- Bring back Knuckles!

I'm on record that (a) should the QRU decide to replace RG it cannot afford another major error on the HC front and so must conduct a patient, thorough, well - researched global search via a top sports head hunter and (b) so as to do this openly, accordingly the QRU should sack RG forthwith and use a solid interim coach for as long as is needed.

Knuckles could actually be a good call as that Interim Coach. Excellent rugby knowledge, huge history with and love for QLD rugby, known and fondly remembered by many rugby fans here, still pretty energetic and switched on, would not cling to the post and likely to have the innate respect of most Reds players.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so the JOC (James O'Connor) plan is, play 1/2 season for Toulon, come back to Oz and help out the Reds, automatically get selected for Wobs in RWC and win; go into 7's program, play for Thunderbolts and win Olympic Gold and then fuck off back to Toulon for a few more seasons and plenty of Euro. Good plan. i am certain everyone can get on board with that team building exercise

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Quite a few clubs have re-signed their players but I haven't heard anything (except the JOC (James O'Connor) rumour) from the Reds.

What about Speight as a replacement for Diggers. He's off contract this year?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Quite a few clubs have re-signed their players but I haven't heard anything (except the JOC (James O'Connor) rumour) from the Reds.

What about Speight as a replacement for Diggers. He's off contract this year?

The Reds will be lucky to hang on to key players this season. I doubt there are any players worth their salt at other franchises that would want to come to QLD at the moment.

Reactions: gel

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
The Reds will be lucky to hang on to key players this season. I doubt there are any players worth their salt at other franchises that would want to come to QLD at the moment.

True - Unless you had a top coach lined up..

What about Nick Mallett? What's he up to now? The Boks had their longest winning run under him.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I'd hope there'd be quite a few other names that made the list as well. That were then thinned down via an extensive interview process..

Status
Not open for further replies.