• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
So.....us and the Force in a cripple fight for the wooden spoon. Maybe Graham can win us something before he is hopefully departed. Round 16 vs the Force in Perth will be crucial, lose that and we are in a real shot of the spoon.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I didn't think Frisby was that great in the first half. It was like watching a replay of his last match at 10 v the Tahs where we also just kept getting smashed backwards in possession. 2nd half was a bit better though.

Have to see how his shoulder comes up. If he's out & JOC (James O'Connor) comes in at 10 i don't think it's a bad thing.

Reckon Taps might get Ant Fainga'a's starting spot too.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
So Frisby is 10 and we have to deal with that. He isn't Quade and he doesn't need to be. He is making progress in the position and the intellectual conversation needs to be how we adapt our back line dynamic for it to work within his parameters.

Ant Fainga'a really gels with Quade and they have a complementary dynamic between them. It doesn't really suit Frisby though. The second 5/8 type player would relieve the pressure somewhat on him and open up our options. Taps is probably more suited to filling this function. It will put a bit more variety into our game and get those wider threats we have working for us again. The thing we will need to compensate for if this was to happen is we need to fill the void left with Ant being an outstanding talker in defense. Taps will have to step up.

We badly need to vary our options in our points of attack. A return of Genia's running game has helped but we lack variation in our running lines. The inside ball is a must to return to our game. We have some bloody powerful runners in our backs and we are not using them wise enough. We need some quality set piece plays also.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Dave McDuling is out of the Cheetahs match injured and on his way home from Africa.

James Horwill is heading in the opposite direction.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/04/12/horwill-make-super-reds-return

Each has their perceived faults but Horwill/Simmons is the best locking combination in Australia. They have played so much rugby together. The return of their combination will be a massive boost for us. The are the base of a good lineout also and with Thompson and Shatz we have healthy variety to play off.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The Reds will field their strongest forward pack of the season this week. If they want to crack a win finally, they should be focusing hard on how they are going to really try and take the Cheetahs on in the set piece.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the Reds one-off forward runners attack the outside shoulder of the defence, effectively running an 'overs' line. They're obviously trained to do this but I don't see the point in doing so. If you look back to 2010-2011, the forwards ran 'unders' lines which had far more impact.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the Reds one-off forward runners attack the outside shoulder of the defence, effectively running an 'overs' line. They're obviously trained to do this but I don't see the point in doing so. If you look back to 2010-2011, the forwards ran 'unders' lines which had far more impact.

A bit more pick and drive will free up Fisby a bit more space also. Under the current one off runner system, he is easy to pick off when he gets the ball. Like Quade does so well, Frisby needs to dictate when he wants to receive the pill.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
You know maybe RG isn't as poor as we thought, maybe he understood how shit the rest of the Australian sides are and realises he just needs a few weeks to beat them to get his guaranteed semi final spot. I've got to say this weekend is perhaps the worst performance by all the Australian sides in total I can remember. Could the Rebels beat the bye?

B

Bobby Sands

It has been mentioned elsewhere, but Sam Lane would be such a good signing for us.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Interesting to see ex-players with some cred such as Peter Hynes come out publicly and smash Graham. On the Reds Facebook post if anyone hasn't seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.