• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the Reds one-off forward runners attack the outside shoulder of the defence, effectively running an 'overs' line. They're obviously trained to do this but I don't see the point in doing so. If you look back to 2010-2011, the forwards ran 'unders' lines which had far more impact.

When done effectively, isolating and running at the outside shoulder can be far more effective than an 'unders' line as you aren't running back into the space with more forwards. Lots of teams are running wider patterns this season, the Reds just can't seem to do it effectively.

I agree with Ruggo that some more pick and drives to suck in opposition players would be good to see, especially when running with a backup flyhalf who probably needs a bit more time to orchestrate things.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Looks like it's deleted. I can't find it.

It still shows for me but might be because I liked it.

Peter Hynes: Having played for the Reds in previous years, I can honestly say that I won't watch or attend another game until there is significant changes. Sick of the excuses. We have a squad of great players but they simply look poorly coached, no spirit and not playing for each other. Our defence is lacking in structure and commitment. Guess who is in charge of defence? I never comment on any forums like this but it's got to the point where all stakeholders of the game need to voice our opinions and demand change for a once proud rugby team. 35,000- 40,000 attendees for most in games in 2011, and now 13,000 attended the Brumbies game against one of our biggest rivals. I won't part with another dollar of mine or my companies until there is significant changes starting from the top. If I performed at less than 30%, I would not have a job. Rant over.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
The only thing that he said that isnt true is that he never comments on these type of things. Ive seen him post on the reds stuff before, albiet back in like 2012-2013, and it was usually praise. Man i wish he was still playing. He was very underrated.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is Hynsey on here? Really smart footballer. Would have loved to have seen him be able to play on.

No that was a Facebook post that most likely the Reds deleted off their Facebook page. Hynes for me,after being able to speak with him a few times after he retired, came across as a very smart rugby player and someone I think the Reds should look at getting back to help them once they change their coaching staff which we all know is inevitable. However there is probably too much BS pride in the Reds top hierarchy for that to happen. Which is always a good recipe for business success just look at us now. :mad:

T

TOCC

e5763313e90f41990d425243cf56ce56.jpg

Coopers manager visiting Toulon this week to discuss terms, the pursuit of Cooper means Toulon are no longer chasing Collin Slade, Toulon manager confident the matter should be concluded within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I hope the conclusion at the end of the week is that Quade stays a the reds. If we lose him we are absolutely fucked. there is so number 10 available as good as him. Barnes is good, not as good as quade, Giteau is fucking 33 at the end of the year, and bernard foley, and Matt To'omua are signed already for next year. Who could we get to replace someone whos kinda irreplaceable?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He's a bloody good player and I reckon with the current state of the Red's, his frustrating amount of time on the sidelines, and Foley's emergence as Wallabies 1st choice #10, it's going to be near impossible to hang onto him.

Fortunately, he's still young enough and provided his body holds up it's not unreasonable to think he could go over, earn a quick buck, then come back.

Given his history with the Reds I doubt he would consider any other Australian franchise. I certainly wouldn't begrudge him for leaving.

He would carve up french rugby and demand a very reasonable salary being an ex-Wallaby.

Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if he stays.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Looks like it's deleted. I can't find it.

Absolute bullshit from the Reds. Crazy that fans cant have their view presented even if it is a critical one. I notice they get sensitive on their Facebook page. Not on Facebook myself but my brother is and he has had comments deleted. Both him and myself pride ourselves on being bold and loyal Reds fans, been through the good times and the bad. Has it got to the stage where you can only be a Reds fan is you surrender your money unconditional love without question? I love the Reds but this has me fucking angry. Fans (the life blood of the franchise) are being treated with contempt and it just isn't on.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Who would you like then sully? I dont want Berrick Barnes at the reds i want Quade Cooper, but is there someone else whos played 50 times for Australia, has 88 super rugby caps available? Berrick was far from perfect but he has a good passing game, good vision, is a great kicker. When berrick wasnt kicking good ball away and wasting our possession, he was actually quite a good acttacking player eg. 2012 test series against Wales i thought he was quite good.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I fear Quade is headed OS. He has given the Reds the last 10 years of his life and owes us nothing. He played through the bad years and helped build the good. I am gutted for him and the other Reds they are back in the shit again.

As a young bloke he would want to experience something different. The Reds are crap and will be for some years to come given the administrations head in the sand bullshit at the moment.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Who would you like then sully? I dont want Berrick Barnes at the reds i want Quade Cooper, but is there someone else whos played 50 times for Australia, has 88 super rugby caps available? Berrick was far from perfect but he has a good passing game, good vision, is a great kicker. When berrick wasnt kicking good ball away and wasting our possession, he was actually quite a good acttacking player eg. 2012 test series against Wales i thought he was quite good.
I really don't care how good he is he walked out on us when he was our main man to play for the Waratahs. That's all. End of story. Don't come back.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Once again Sully, can you think of an alternative? You and many others on here know a lot more than me and im seeking your wisdom. Berrick is the only adequate flyhalf i can think of.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I fear Quade is headed OS. He has given the Reds the last 10 years of his life and owes us nothing. He played through the bad years and helped build the good. I am gutted for him and the other Reds they are back in the shit again.

As a young bloke he would want to experience something different. The Reds are crap and will be for some years to come given the administrations head in the sand bullshit at the moment.

I thought this very current article should be posted here in case some have not seen it. QC (Quade Cooper)'s careful references to unclarity re the Reds future coaching situation must be seen as 'interesting' and that he's taken the trouble to go on the record below in the way he has.

The Australian 13 April 2015 by Wayne Smith

In an exclusive interview with The Australian, Cooper said he had played his entire 102-cap Super Rugby career with the Reds and had no real desire to leave.

But he admitted the uncertainty about who would coach Queensland next season — with Richard Graham’s overall record slumping to 13 from 48 (six from 24 with the Reds, seven from 24 with the Force) with yesterday’s 43-22 loss to the Bulls that sent the Reds to the bottom of the table — was making it difficult to recommit.

“When there are so many things in limbo, then you have to look at what’s best for you,” said Cooper. “I can only look at what’s set in stone. The French clubs want a decision pretty quickly.”

Cooper admitted the fact that two friends with whom he has played virtually his entire professional career were leaving Ballymore at the end of this season, Harlequins-bound James Horwill and halves partner Will Genia (Stade Francais) also made him question whether he, too, should join the exodus overseas.

“I’m watching more European football and when you see Matt Giteau playing so well for Toulon, you wonder how it would be over there. I’ve spoken to Gits a few times and he really enjoys it there. But I love Brisbane and I’ve got it pretty sweet here. Great weather and the footy has usually been pretty good.”

Even the departure of Genia, with whom he formed the world’s best halves pairing in 2011, has been softened by the emergence of Nick Frisby as worthy of inclusion in a Wallabies World Cup camp.

“He’s a special player and a special person and I really rate Frisby,” he said. “I look at the things Willy and I have achieved but I’m also looking forward to the possibility of joining up with Frisby.”

Cooper said he was expecting to hear from the ARU soon on what offer he could expect, but at this point had ruled out seeking a flexible contract to play in Japan — for the simple reason no Japanese club had made him an offer.

“We’ve spoken to a few Japanese clubs, but haven’t had anything in writing from any of them. If anything comes along I’ll have to look at that (a flexible contract) seriously.”

Cooper remains on track to return from a fractured scapula against the Chiefs on June 6, which would give him that match and the final regular-season game against the Waratahs in Sydney to press his claims for Wallabies selection for the Rugby Championship and World Cup.

Asked if that left him enough time, Cooper replied: “Of course. It’s not like I’m 18 and need to be playing each week. But while I’m out injured, I’m making sure I’m studying the Wallabies’ game — and watching how the Waratahs are playing — so the knowledge is there.”

Cooper admitted the two days he had spent in the Wallabies camp had left him excited by the possibility of being coached by Steve Larkham. “Those few days with him were invaluable. When I first came into the Reds side (then coach) Eddie Jones made me model my game on Bernie in terms of seeing the big picture but I’ve never really had the sort of coaching Bernie could give me.”

Status
Not open for further replies.