• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

There could be an argument that the boys were been trained too hard and fatigue is a factor, but their overall fitness seems to be lacking..

Maybe the heat and humidity is the reason they can't train as hard, but it didn't seem an issue when Marsh was in charge.. You just need to be more creative in when and how you train.

I worked with the Rabbitohs in 2012 pre-season, and during the really hot days you just had to train earlier or do sessions involving the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

I was impressed with Chris Kuridrani tonight and all throughout this season, i admit when he debut'd last year i thought he was out of his depth but he has played very well on the end of a backline which is giving him rubbish ball.

On the other wing, I was also impressed by Magnay, whilst he hasn't performed as well as Kuridrani i think he has done very well for an 18yr old, he is very strong and physical in contact given his age..

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Chris Kuridrani was the Reds best player tonight. There wasn't a lot to say about most of the rest of them, however.

Horwill was a bit shakey at lineout time, but otherwise he's one of the few Reds that I thought still tried hard.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
The Reds have scored 39 points in five games while conceding 125. It's jokeshop stuff. The coaches, Graham and Meehan, should be ditched now, before the bye. Give Stiles the reigns, give him a couple of weeks to work what he can, and then immediately start a global search for someone to take over for the 2016 season.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If Graham isn't gone before the bye, then I think an armageddon will be needed to have him removed. It's hard to tell from the outside, but the board seems to be still too accepting of his continual excuses.

diomac

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Reds have scored 39 points in five games while conceding 125. It's jokeshop stuff. The coaches, Graham and Meehan, should be ditched now, before the bye. Give Stiles the reigns, give him a couple of weeks to work what he can, and then immediately start a global search for someone to take over for the 2016 season.

I couldn't agree more, enough is enough.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Reds dont Deserve fans as good as they have, i loved the game last night despite the flogging cause the fans made it a good night, gillys WWE debut was fantastic, the big hits were fantastic, the atmosphere was fantastic. On a more relevant note despite horwills dodgy lineout work i thought he tried really bloody hard last night. Bring on the Lions.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Is there any chance we get another, actual, 10 for the Lions game? Not necessarily Quade, but surely there's a 10 in Premier Grade who can be brought up to speed in two weeks? Sam Greene springs to mind.

B

Bobby Sands

Does Gunny come into the 22 with the imminent suspension of Gill?

With Beau injured, who comes straight into the 7 jersey? Shatz or Korcyck maybe in a Saffa backrow?

Browning to hopefully become the 8-man (finally).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hopefully Beau will be back, otherwise it'd have to be Gunn. Graham could also opt for Thomson at 7, Browning and 6 and Schatz at 8, but I wouldn't want that. Quirk at 7 is another option, but again, not what I would want (and it's failed previously).

And yeah, hopefully Browning gets a shot. He's had more impact off the bench than Schatz has had all game. Schatz just isn't providing what the Reds pack needs right now.

After Quade went down, JOC (James O'Connor) had injury problems, McIntyre was out and they lost faith in Paia'aua they should have drafted in a guy like Sam Greene immediately from Premier Rugby. A couple of weeks of training with the Reds from one of the top few Premier Rugby 10s surely would have been better than Frisby, despite his whole hearted efforts. And I say that still remembering the unfortunate contributions of Dallan Murphy a few years back. But, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I think that Graham just struggles to make any sort of tactical decision.

T

TOCC

Shatz would play 7 before Thomson, Shatz has actually played quite a few games at 7 in Super Rugby..
If Gill is out, then Browning to 8, Shatz to 7 and Thomson remains at 6.

Quirk is out injured..

B

Bobby Sands

Shatzy played 7 as a young and undersized player in his first season, he actually went pretty bloody well.

I'm not sure that he would still be a Butler style 7, but I guess we don't have many options really, outside of throwing Gunny into the fire.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought that both Quirk and Beau were due back, but I could be wrong.

Quirk will need time at club rugby to get any form back, though.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think Quirk is still out for a while - as well as Simmons.

I was hopeful that Browning would have a breakout year in 2015 but it just seem to be happening. Maybe 2016 will be his year.

Filly obviously will be out for a period. He has been one of our few better players. Dumb Dumb and Dumber

B

Bobby Sands

Browning has looked really effective me, much more so than Shatz.

I don't think he will play seven however.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Why not? If Gilly is out and Beau not ready, from a minimising disruption stand point why shift Schatz to 7 to accommodate Browning at 8? Same end result with less need to fuck with a scrum base combination

B

Bobby Sands

Stranger things have happened.

But I doubt Curtis would have ever played there before.

He is 108kgs, and is not the most agile of blokes. I would prefer either Thomson or Shatz there.

Thomson has started @ 7 for the All Blacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.