• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm ready to bring back the Reds

Plan A
489652fcc76736fc35bbd94e8f4ba677_zpsb4509013.jpg

Plan B
844c6d14b0f8a9a5d0d4d487666d1689_zps2f173a94.jpg

And before I get criticised atleast I have a plan B

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
biggsy

Only criticism I have is that you are even considering a Plan B - one espoused by Dwyer

Prefer Plans C - H

Done that on purpose mate, taking the piss of the season so far......
I met to post this in the Reds Coaching thread so it's up twice by mistake.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is there any chance we get another, actual, 10 for the Lions game? Not necessarily Quade, but surely there's a 10 in Premier Grade who can be brought up to speed in two weeks? Sam Greene springs to mind.

Do you remember what happened to Dallan Murphy a few years ago? Bringing in a Premier Rugby flyhalf isn't going to change much. At least Frisby has 3 years of Super Rugby experience. I made this point last week too, Frisby hasn't been a savior of any sorts but with the current lack of attacking cohesion you could bring in Dan Carter and the Reds still wouldn't get over the gain line.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I had forgotten about Matt, I think he'd be fine. I doubt he'd get too over awed either. He seems like a pretty cool headed guy.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
When is Frisby signed until? Does anyone think this stint has his value going up? He is already going to be in contention, by default, for the Wallabies back up spot next year and he has shown he's willing to do whatever he has to for the team. I think the time at 10 will improve his play as a 9.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Do you remember what happened to Dallan Murphy a few years ago? Bringing in a Premier Rugby flyhalf isn't going to change much. At least Frisby has 3 years of Super Rugby experience. I made this point last week too, Frisby hasn't been a savior of any sorts but with the current lack of attacking cohesion you could bring in Dan Carter and the Reds still wouldn't get over the gain line.
Given what has happened maybe they are trying to stay away from white lines. In that case they should be held up as role models.

B

Bobby Sands

I'd consider Matt Brandon at 10.

I never quite understood why his career didn't blossom further. He did everything at Junior level, club level, and even had a few professional stints. But it just never seemed to work out.

He is clearly a better 10 than Nick.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)

I can't see how blooding a PR flyhalf could be any worse than playing a barely-used scrumhalf out of position. Dallan Murphy wasn't the best example, but a younger talent might go better than the rabble at the moment. Considering we played Karmichael Hunt at flyhalf for all of 5 minutes I don't think the situation can get any worse.

I still don't think the idea of plugging somebody into 10 who has played at the level works i.e. JOC (James O'Connor).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I can't see how blooding a PR flyhalf could be any worse than playing a barely-used scrumhalf out of position. Dallan Murphy wasn't the best example, but a younger talent might go better than the rabble at the moment. Considering we played Karmichael Hunt at flyhalf for all of 5 minutes I don't think the situation can get any worse.

I still don't think the idea of plugging somebody into 10 who has played at the level works i.e. JOC (James O'Connor).
You are better off playing someone you know is up to that level,out of position.
Rather than someone totally untested but plays that position.
That's why Duncan P is not being discussed by anyone as a possible solution.
So now that I have made that point,I await him being announced as starting 10 this week....
Apart from Ben V,there were absolutely no possibles playing 10 in the SS last year,it is a massive jump between the 2 levels.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
You are better off playing someone you know is up to that level,out of position.
Rather than someone totally untested but plays that position.
That's why Duncan P is not being discussed by anyone as a possible solution.
So now that I have made that point,I await him being announced as starting 10 this week..
Apart from Ben V,there were absolutely no possibles playing 10 in the SS last year,it is a massive jump between the 2 levels.
That's why I found it strange that Taps wasn't given a crack at 10 with Frisby at 15 or a Prem player in the back 3. Being in the back 3 is far more forgiving that being the playmaker in a team that has no forward penetration.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Why are we discussing 10's now when Quade's due back? He's supposed to start full contact training this week. Can't say I envy him, given where the Reds are now, is he supposed to ride in and save them!

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Lucky boy.....

I reckon. I really could have seen that being a lengthy sit-out as despite the fortunate result for White, doing something like that could result in horrendous injury. I thought they may have wanted to send a message - his good record probably helped though as he is not usually the type of player to do that.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I thought 2 weeks was about right. What's Nic White 40Kg's wringing wet, he didn't dump him on his head, he dumped him in a controlled manner, more spectacular than anything, obviously just wanted to give the media dogs something to beat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.