• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
The Brumbies are the most disciplined team to far, conceding 8.5 penalties per game while the Highlanders are committing 13.3 #SuperRugby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
The Bulls (28.8) are averaging the most points per game so far, while the Reds (9.8) are currently scoring the fewest #SuperRugby

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Those stats were posted earlier by Alister Hogg Sanzar media manger, I've just quoted the ones concerning the Reds!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The Bulls (28.8) are averaging the most points per game so far, while the Reds (9.8) are currently scoring the fewest #SuperRugby

Yeah - 1 point more than the Brumbies in total, 0.25 on average, but have conceded almost twice as many points against. Showing my sensitivities here.:)

EDIT : Sorry, not really relevant to the Reds.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah - 1 point more than the Brumbies in total, 0.25 on average, but have conceded almost twice as many points against. Showing my sensitivities here.:)

EDIT : Sorry, not really relevant to the Reds.

Don't gloat I think you have enough positives...

The Brumbies have set a marker as a set-piece force with the most lineout wins (15.3 per game) and fewest lineout losses (0.3) #SuperRugby

The Brumbies are the most disciplined team to far, conceding 8.5 penalties per game while the Highlanders are committing 13.3 #SuperRugby

The Brumbies (3.3) are scoring more tries per game than the Cheetahs (3.0), Hurricanes (2.7), Waratahs (2.7) and Chiefs (2.5) #SuperRugby

Right now back to your own thread

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
So I kept this cover thinkng of how true, and its going to be a great season.

Fool

861285C3-4C54-4FD3-81C0-DE2A0661B2E4_zpsfl85cqai.jpg

T

TOCC

In Israel "Red Dawn" is code word for an early warning system to alert for incoming missile attacks.. Maybe the subliminal message is that the Reds were sending out an early warning for the barrage to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

something

Jim Clark (26)
latest facebook post has an interview with stiles (looking relatively chuffed considering the situation) could this be a sign???

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why are people so excited about having him at the Wallabies? With every game the forwards are getting worse.

They've been very good at the set piece for a couple of years which is where the Wallabies need most improvement.

The Tahs got on top of them and are significantly improved this year but I'd imagine that wouldn't have been the case if the Reds weren't playing their 2nd choice THP and 3rd and 5th choice locks.

Cheika at his core is a forwards coach, just not a set piece coach. Combined with Nathan Grey, they definitely promote the physicality that is the main aspect missing from the Reds forward play.

I feel that Stiles' skillset would be very complementary to the other coaches at the Wallabies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
They've been very good at the set piece for a couple of years which is where the Wallabies need most improvement.

The Tahs got on top of them and are significantly improved this year but I'd imagine that wouldn't have been the case if the Reds weren't playing their 2nd choice THP and 3rd and 5th choice locks.

Cheika at his core is a forwards coach, just not a set piece coach. Combined with Nathan Grey, they definitely promote the physicality that is the main aspect missing from the Reds forward play.

I feel that Stiles' skillset would be very complementary to the other coaches at the Wallabies.

L Fisher forwards coach Wallabies 9/10 choice on proven results and history.
N Stiles forward coach Wallabies 5+/10 choice on proven results and history.

The Wallabies need the absolute best qualified total coaching team possible to stand a realistic chance of getting out of our RWC pool this year. This is what's been absent for a very long time.

Consistently sub-standard Wallabies assistant coaches have been one of the most important reasons why the Wallabies performance and completeness of skills have declined since RWC 2003.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
L Fisher forwards coach Wallabies 9/10 choice on proven results and history.
N Stiles forward coach Wallabies 5+/10 choice on proven results and history.

The Wallabies need the absolute best qualified total coaching team possible to stand a realistic chance of getting out of our RWC pool this year. This is what's been absent for a very long time.

Consistently sub-standard Wallabies assistant coaches have been one of the most important reasons why the Wallabies performance and completeness of skills have declined since RWC 2003.

Fisher is on contract past this season and who knows whether he'd leave a head coaching role to take an assistant's role albeit at test level which probably also comes with lower pay.

We'd all like Fisher to be announced as the Wallabies forwards coach but realistically I don't think it is at all likely.

T

TOCC

its been rumoured as a possibility that Laurie Fisher may be available...

but if you are going to look at the best available Australian forwards coaches then Stiles is right up there.. People need to look past last weekend, in 2014 the Reds had the best success rate of any of the Aussie scrums and the Brisbane City NRC Championship was built on the back of a dominant scrum, which coincidentally Nick Stiles was the head coach of.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Aaaaaanyway, the Reds coach chat should go back to the Reds coach thread and I'm not sure where the chat of Wallabies assistants should go.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I saw an incredible game at Ballymore last night where the U17 Gold pathway teams, Sunshine Coast (SC) and Brisbane Pink (BP) played .
Whats this got to do with the Reds you might ask?
Well there was a certain analogy there to behold, at least, in the first half, exemplified even more by the second half.
From the start SC jumped out of the boxes, scored a try in 2 minutes, and scored two more by half time. What I noticed was a BP team that seemed as if it were the RG coached Reds.
The forwards lacked intent, with only a few of them contesting in the breakdowns, allowing the SC forwards to continually take the ball up in the inner channels. Their backs were adventurous with things like darts around the blind side etc. Meanwhile the BP backline moves were just going through the motions.
Then at halftime, someone must have put something into the BP's drink water.
They were a Cheika type inspired side in the second half. Their forwards were like boys possessed, attacking the rucks & mauls with vigour. The backs fairly flew the ball out to the wings, and the game was on, with SC never getting a look in. The BP won scoring two tries in the last two minutes, converting the last one to score 17 -15.
So what? Well I just couldn't believe how the BP in that first half looked so like the Reds at present. No commitment, no real effort, just going through the motions with the exception of a few players.
RG should really go talk with the BP coach to find out what he did at half time.
Sorry for such a long post, but it was unrealistically eerie, the comparison, made even more so by the change to that BP team in the second half, with pretty much the same players.:(

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
You can't blame Frisby period. He is a number 9 picked by a coach with no clue, who then says he did well. I really like Frisby but as a 10 on Saturday night he was terrible. A 10 controls the backline he didn't go close to that. CFS is the laziest player to pull on a Reds jersey and if you are lazy at 21 you aren't getting any better later in life. JOC (James O'Connor) has to come into 10 otherwise we are going to get pants by the Brums.
Also I bet Mike Harris is laughing uncontrollably at the outcome of he not being really needed this year. Another great call RG you muppet.

I think RG had no choice regarding Harris. He knew he was going to be a 'pine-duster' player with Cooper at 10, and with both Hunt & JOC (James O'Connor) better fullbacks, then who wouldn't move onto the Rebels where there was an attractive pay packet after they lost their fullback back to Hurricanes in NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.