• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
You forgot the star for 2014

On the Third Day of Christmas in Twenty-Fourteen —

Three Rugby Balls,

Two Gold Stars,

And a Koala in a Gum Tree.

QldRedsXmas2014.png

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone thinking about going on one of the tours the Reds are advertising in our membership packs? I'd love to go to NZ with my son but think the Rebels game would be our best bet.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk

I am currently considering the NZ trip. Just gotta work out travel stuff cause friends want me to go to Sydney for easter....

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
what do you guys think about the little yellow star under the Q? There was always a little bit of a debate internally about it, some suggesting we should have all our Super Rugby wins represented (Super 6 in 1992 and then 2 x Super 10s in 94 and 95). What do you reckon? In appropriate? Not played under the "SANZAR" banner so not relevant?

I think it looks good. I can't wait to see the comenatrive strip with the subtle hoops.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
what do you guys think about the little yellow star under the Q? There was always a little bit of a debate internally about it, some suggesting we should have all our Super Rugby wins represented (Super 6 in 1992 and then 2 x Super 10s in 94 and 95). What do you reckon? In appropriate? Not played under the "SANZAR" banner so not relevant?

I reckon they should all be counted, it has always been a hard competition to win & just because they were won in the amateur days does not make them irrelevant. 4 stars for mine!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
New and Old

QRJR205RED-2T.jpg

Loving the new jersey, clean, simple and slick

http://blksport.com/shop/pro-teams/queensland-reds-replica-jersey-home.html
qrjr300red---fr.png

qrjr300red---sd.png

I saw these jerseys in rebels sports today, and noticed that they looked a little different to the ones on the BLK website. They looked the same as the ones on the reds rugby shop:

http://shop.redsrugby.com.au/product-p/qrjr303red.htm

QRJR303RED-3T.jpg

Not a lot of difference, except the little star is missing (replaced with a horizontal bar which looks sort of like military awards), a black collar insert instead of reds, and was embroided logos instead of (what looks like) printed in the BLK photo.

Does anyone know which ones are the ones the reds are actually going with?

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
I saw these jerseys in rebels sports today, and noticed that they looked a little different to the ones on the BLK website. They looked the same as the ones on the reds rugby shop:

http://shop.redsrugby.com.au/product-p/qrjr303red.htm

QRJR303RED-3T.jpg

Not a lot of difference, except the little star is missing (replaced with a horizontal bar which looks sort of like military awards), a black collar insert instead of reds, and was embroided logos instead of (what looks like) printed in the BLK photo.

Does anyone know which ones are the ones the reds are actually going with?

That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing earlier today and I tweeted Rugby Reg, BLK Sport & Rugby Shirt Watch to ask them about it too!

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
I tweeted Rugby Reg, BLK Sport & Rugby Shirt Watch to ask them about it too!

Rugby Reg tweeted back to say he reckons that the Red's will wear the version with the star in their games whereas the version with the Red-Gold-Blue bar will be the version sold to the public.

If that's the case, I'm not sure where the navy blue collar comes into it.
Will they really sell one type of jersey through the Red's Rugby Shop/retail stores, and different version through the BLK online store?

I've just ordered a jersey from Lovell-Rugby in the UK and their pictures show the navy blue collar and the Red-Gold-Blue bar under the QRU logo too. Will be interesting to see which version shows up.

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
@rugbyshirtwatch tweeted me back this:

"No idea, the pic on our review is the final jersey that's with retailers. Maybe the BLK one is a render or non-final design?"

So the confusion continues. Do we have any Reds insiders here who can shed some light on the two-jersey situation?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
You do realise that I'll take a cut of your payments from here? (20% as I seem to have a monopoly)

Also I'll require everyone on my books to take up MMA and fight in the offseason (boxing is so last year). It will keep you fit and fresh and ignite the anger in your bellies.

From now on I expect you all to run your posts by me so that they don't have a negative impact on your individual brands. I'll be onto Gagger to discuss some KPI's that I expect GAGR to achieve it he would like you all to continue to post.

I'm talking to Hungry Jack's in regards to a sponsorship that will provide you all with free food between 3am and 5am.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Who can give an update on who won't be available from the Reds squad for the start of the season due to injury?
Rocket Rod Davies is supposed to be a later starter.
And why haven't we got a 30th player yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.