• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Scotty, what about Little ?

To be fair the two would probably be disappointed if they weren't in a statue together lol

thumb1-300x199.jpg

T

TOCC

Sam Cordingley has joined the Reds in 2014 as the 'Rugby Operations Manager', it sounds like a pretty broad job title

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sam Cordingley has joined the Reds in 2014 as the 'Rugby Operations Manager', it sounds like a pretty broad job title

That is strange!

This was only earlier this year:

SAM CORDINGLEY APPOINTED TO THE NEW ROLE OF GENERAL MANAGER, RUGBY
Foundation RaboDirect Rebels player, Sam Cordingley, has been appointed to a newly created role of Melbourne Rebels, General Manager, Rugby.
Cordingley, who has been with the Rebels since their first season in 2011, has been Retention and Recruitment Manager since 2012. The former Wallaby half back has also been part of the Rebel Rising and Elite Pathway programs.
In his new role, Cordingley will have responsibility for the Rebels' football department, as well as maintaining his current responsibilities for retention and recruitment. Cordingley, who currently resides in Brisbane, will take up his new role immediately.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I am looking at getting the "Baby Red" membership as I am expecting my first child in March, while I am not happy that the birth might interrupt my Rugby viewing I thought it would be a great idea to get her started as a Reds fan as soon as possible.

As the father do I get the discounts on game day? Can I get discounted adult jerseys and merchandise since I am paying? Will I be able to get priority tickets etc?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I am looking at getting the "Baby Red" membership as I am expecting my first child in March, while I am not happy that the birth might interrupt my Rugby viewing I thought it would be a great idea to get her started as a Reds fan as soon as possible.

As the father do I get the discounts on game day? Can I get discounted adult jerseys and merchandise since I am paying? Will I be able to get priority tickets etc?

MATE, THE ADULT JERSEY WILL BE WAY TOO BIG FOR THE BABY (i HOPE)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I'd suggest so but give the call centre a call. As I said above, they have their own dedicated one this year, so they can answer all your questions.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
They have committed to "the scrum" haven't they?

Those photos look fantastic, it would be a shame to not have some form of easily recognisable reference to the heroes of rugby - perhaps they could have those images etched into the legs of "the scrum" thingie?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
They have committed to "the scrum" haven't they?

Those photos look fantastic, it would be a shame to not have some form of easily recognisable reference to the heroes of rugby - perhaps they could have those images etched into the legs of "the scrum" thingie?

I was thinking they could do that or etch the names & details of the Hall of Famers.

Reactions: gel
T

TOCC

I like the scrum at Suncorp Stadium...

Once the QRU settle on the future of Ballymore I reckon it would be cool to see a boulevard of statues at the true home of QLD Rugby.. But there are too many greats to really choose from, it would be an incredibly difficult selection process, although id suggest very few would object to John Eales been the first statue

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I like the scrum at Suncorp Stadium.

Once the QRU settle on the future of Ballymore I reckon it would be cool to see a boulevard of statues at the true home of QLD Rugby.. But there are too many greats to really choose from, it would be an incredibly difficult selection process, although id suggest very few would object to John Eales been the first statue

We started with the King down the Caxton street end and he was there for years before Mal and Locky joined him. They have the names of all the origin players set in the pavement, createsba real atmosphere. Can't wait to see how the scrum works out and hope it takes on a life of its own like the league end has.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Just get a baby reds and a forever reds one as well (if they still call it that)?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm expecting my first child in March, while I am not happy that the birth might interrupt my Rugby viewing I thought it would be a great idea to get her started as a Reds fan as soon as possible.
Perhaps they should install a delivery suit at Suncorp. It would have to have one way glass obviously, but if the mother has her back to the play you could watch the birth and the game at the same time.
A true Reds fan would want to be born at the game.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Perhaps they should install a delivery suit at Suncorp. It would have to have one way glass obviously, but if the mother has her back to the play you could watch the birth and the game at the same time.

A winning Reds team and the roar of the crowd as the soundtrack to birth (none of that whale song shit). A true way for a little Queensland champion to enter the world.

I hope you have better luck than me. Many was the game day I would dress in my Reds gear only for my son throw up on me and develop a fever meaning me missing the game.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

Went to a Sprinbok test at Suncorp quite a number of years ago with friends who were expecting their first child. Following is the conversation:

Kiwi - "When are you due?"
Mum to be - "Tuesday"
Kiwi - "What? Next Tuesday?" (Looks worried)
Mtb - "No. Last Tuesday"
Kiwi - (looks astonished, turn to me) "Ummm what if she goes into labour?"
Me - "We will call the ambulance to meet her out the back & then meet her at the hospital after the game"
Kiwi - (Shakes his head)

For the record the baby was not born at Suncorp.

Status
Not open for further replies.