• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^ One from NSW (originally) and one from QLD ;).

If J White was smart enough to spot and develop the QLDer Mogg in what, two years, from the fringes of ACT rugby then with all the rugby resources we have here in QLD we should be able to locate a couple like him that stay here for the Reds. (Seeing Mogg's rapid development is one reason I'm so keen on S Greene as a prospect.)

Or, better still, entice Mogg back. When's he contracted to with the Brums? He'd be a perfect fit for the 2014 Reds.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Mogg < Latham :cool: Latho has no equal. Super keen to see him run around again at Ballymore but! Just like old times!

For now. When is Mogg's contract up? Would likely take a lot of convincing to get him back to QLD but definitely someone we should be going after.

Cummins & Mogg would be nice combo that would probably cost the same as one of JOC (James O'Connor) or Folau.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Are you going to the ANZAC vs BIL oldies game. He is pulling on the boots for that.

Friday 21st June at Ballymore.
Yeah I was going anyway but when I heard Latho was playing that cemented it for me. Happy days!!! All we need to do now is find some push up boys. If they promise to keep the score under 10 I'll do it!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
That's insulting to Latham.

We haven't had a fullback in years who should be mentioned in the same breath as Latho

I am talking about style and potential. Both big left foot kickers, both make something happen from nothing.

Mogg will continue to improve, just as Latham did at the same age.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I wonder if JOC (James O'Connor) Swisse sponsorship will rule him out of playing for the reds seeing as the reds are sponsored by Swisses rival, Bioglan Red Krill Oil.

It seem's a bit trivial but stranger things have happened.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
What are our propping stocks looking like down the stretch? Holmes is coming up on the big 3-0 and we really need more scrum security than Daley has been providing in the closing portions of the game. I expect Anae to make the step up to a more regular role next year but who is behind him? Any dark horses in the wider training group?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
What are our propping stocks looking like down the stretch? Holmes is coming up on the big 3-0 and we really need more scrum security than Daley has been providing in the closing portions of the game. I expect Anae to make the step up to a more regular role next year but who is behind him? Any dark horses in the wider training group?

Props are a concern for me too. If slipper goes down there is a fair drop in class IMO. Jono Owen (squad) and Kevin Davis (EPS) are there but i haven't seen much of them. Owen was rated but didn't get much time at the Rebels (?) and the fact that he hasn't been seen so far with Daley being fairly average (scrummaging hasn't improved in the last couple of seasons) doesn't fill me with confidence. Hopefully someone who has seen them both give an assessment of where they are at.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
A couple of good young guys at Easts and quite a few talking up the Wests scrum this year. With the Super B option for next year more guys should be involved. Who played for the A teams early in the year. They would be obvious choices.

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
JOC (James O'Connor) would make a great #22 for any team.

Browning will have to be on a full time contract next year if he keeps developing well.

Where is Owen off to?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If O'Connor is interested and in our price range we'd be mad not to make him an offer.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It would be good for Australian Rugby if Bieber boy went back home.

The Reds culture seems able to bring out the best from players that are deemed polarising/challenging/difficult at other franchises.

The Rebs seem to go OK without him and their other marquee signings.

T

TOCC

Props are a concern for me too. If slipper goes down there is a fair drop in class IMO. Jono Owen (squad) and Kevin Davis (EPS) are there but i haven't seen much of them. Owen was rated but didn't get much time at the Rebels (?)

Sam Denny is rated above both of those, he has been 23rd man a couple of games, those two haven't been..

Status
Not open for further replies.