• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I can't see why Lance would move down south. With Diggers on the way out, there's more cash on offer for him, plus a starting position at 15.

If he heads down to the Tahs, where is he going to be playing? 15, 10, 12? They have Falou, Foley and Horne in those three positions. Would he really want to risk having to start all over again and potentially ride the pine?

Surely the Tahs must have assured him of a starting spot in 2014 or.......

........he knows the Reds are recruiting for 2014 for players that will make his selection much less likely should he have stayed.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Sad to see a few go but it was inevitable, and probably hasn't stopped yet. Can't fault players for following game time opportunity or bigger bucks....short career window and all that.

Still...the nucleus of good players are still there and quite young, so some wise recruiting will ensure that the Reds remain highly competitive next year.

T

TOCC

Stace Francais has reportedly made a big offer for Liam Gill as well, ARU hasn't offered a top up so it's going to be interesting to see how this goes...

If I were Gill and you had just felt firsthand the George Smith precedent set, then id probably consider heading offshore as well.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Stace Francais has reportedly made a big offer for Liam Gill as well, ARU hasn't offered a top up so it's going to be interesting to see how this goes.

If I were Gill and you had just felt firsthand the George Smith precedent set, then id probably consider heading offshore as well.

Not sure Gill will go OS at the moment, he's young and he's got lots to prove in a green and gold jersey, particularly if McKenzie gets the gig. But you never know, you might be right!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Stace Francais has reportedly made a big offer for Liam Gill as well, ARU hasn't offered a top up so it's going to be interesting to see how this goes.

I really hope he stays, but would he be able to play in europe in 2014, the reds/wallabies 2015, europe 2016,17,18, reds/wallabies2019 etc and always play world cups? This way he gets more money, and still gets the world cups if he can make our team.

It would be a travesty if he left Australia to play overseas

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Personally think losing Johno Lance is a blow for Reds ,and a bloody good buy for Tahs, he is a more than competent 10, as well as 15, I think we may hear more of him being considered for higher honours in years to come.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

That's disturbing if true. Hope he stays.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Personally think losing Johno Lance is a blow for Reds ,and a bloody good buy for Tahs, he is a more than competent 10, as well as 15, I think we may hear more of him being considered for higher honours in years to come.

Not fast enough for international rugby and doesn't have a big boot to compensate for it.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
One door closes and another opens. Best of luck to those players leaving.

We must keep Gill in Australian Rugby. Heads must roll (though I often suspect they already roll at the ARU) If Gill is lost to Australian Rugby.

Hurry up and fill the HPU role.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If the Reds had any brains they'd be throwing the leftover cash from Diggers at the twins to make sure they don't lose them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
One door closes and another opens. Best of luck to those players leaving.

We must keep Gill in Australian Rugby. Heads must roll (though I often suspect they already roll at the ARU) If Gill is lost to Australian Rugby.

Hurry up and fill the HPU role.

Done.

"Ben Whitaker has been promoted to General Manager Development Pathways, which contains roles and responsibilities similar to the previous High Performance Unit."

Extract from http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1699/ArticleID/9001/Default.aspx[/quote]

T

TOCC

If the Reds had any brains they'd be throwing the leftover cash from Diggers at the twins to make sure they don't lose them.

Why... Anthony is pivotal in his defensive role, but in terms of Saia the Reds already have another option in Hanson.

I would like them both to stay, but there are other players in the Reds team who are equally important if not more important to the future of the Reds then the twins are...

T

tranquility

Curtis Browning has been officially signed for two years. Probably a pretty smart decision to sign him before he heads away to the U20s WC.

T

tranquility

Why. Anthony is pivotal in his defensive role, but in terms of Saia the Reds already have another option in Hanson.

I would like them both to stay, but there are other players in the Reds team who are equally important if not more important to the future of the Reds then the twins are.

Sautia will be our best 13 option probably as soon as the beginning of next year.

Shipps has one wing, but with Moz and Digby leaving the rest is more uncertain.

Rod is the logical choice for the other wing, but he is not without his faults. Aidan is an option if he can get his game together for the back / same too with Harris.

However all options considered Sautia would be the best option to play the blind winger role, and we don't have another top notch 13 - which means we really can't afford to lose Anthony.

JOC (James O'Connor) would be a great pickup, and would solve alot of these issues as we could play him at the back. This would solidify the back three and allow us to play Sautia at 13 and allow the other options to to fight it out for the blind wing spot.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why. Anthony is pivotal in his defensive role, but in terms of Saia the Reds already have another option in Hanson.

I would like them both to stay, but there are other players in the Reds team who are equally important if not more important to the future of the Reds then the twins are.
The twins are a lot more important than their individual skills, they seem to be present whenever the Reds look impressive. There must be something in their personality that lifts the team or why would a coach like Link keep them both?
Most people can name a better centre or hooker, and yet Link has stuck with them.

I hope they resign for a longer deal.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know some people who play some play rugby with some people who also play with someone on the reds. The Gill things is not far from the truth, but I'm positive he will not go anywhere.
France is where you go to retire playing for some extra coin, or if you support your entire family.

Big announcement today via reds twitter.

Falou and ewin are singing and resigning with the Reds. ;)

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I've got a gut feeling todays news will be positive. It will be a player re-signing or some new grassroots initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.