• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Growden:

Interesting whispers of the week include the relationship between an Australian provincial head coach and one of his assistants now being so "toxic" that the assistant is expected to move on before season's end. Over at the Force, the father of a player has clashed with a high-ranking official over derogatory remarks. The situation wasn't helped when coaching staff approached the player and told him to "get over it".

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
My first question would be, is there a shred of even indirect evidence (you know the kind actually attached to people and names) that could corroborate this statement? Or is Growden just blowing last nights scotch out of his ass like usual?

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Link and White interviewed by the Irish last night for their head coaching position. Brumby Jack says White knocked the Irish back. Anyone have any thought or insights on Links interview and reaction?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Why would it be the Reds? All the assistants have signed on for next year and Link is on the way out.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Link is still holding the reins at the Reds. Who would know better than those with whom he interacts daily and where he works right now to gain an insight on his reaction?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I recon he would be playing his cards very close to his chest in regards to the Ireland gig. Especially with a big game this weekend.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

fig,baby_blue,mens,ffffff.jpg

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Does anyone know how you win your way into the XXXX Queenslander that sits in the North East corner of the ground?

I see them chat to the winners each match but have no idea how they got in. Could be because I haven't had a drink all year.

T

TOCC

Cheika picked his assistants, I doubt it. Did Link pick Graham?
can't be that bad if Simmons, Slipper, Hanson and Horwill have re-signed in the past 2 weeks..I'm sure if there were ill feelings it would have resonated trough to the playing group...

Barnes, Mitchell, Palu and TPN on the other hand.....could easily be the Tahs, or could easily be media beat up..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Right so players leaving the Tahs means it's a toxic environment?

It could be a beat up but surely you'd see it could only be the Reds or Rebels if true.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

It could be a beat up but surely you'd see it could only be the Reds or Rebels if true.

How?
I just don't see an assistant at a club that will have a new coach next year saying that he might not last the season. Tahs or Force if you ask me. Maybe Gaffney and Cheika are finally butting heads. That is just as plausible as your theory. Too much speculation, anyway my money is on this being massive beat up.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

What? Tahs may have pulled one over on the Chiefs but their season as a whole has been a spectacular failure. The Reds...not so much, and we also just resigned a lot of the core playing group. My money would be more on the team with the coach who is clearly and evidently not happy with his playing group's inability to execute the game-plan he wants to play which has lead to some fucking embarrassing losses this year to top off the disaster that was last year.

Likely a media beat-up though, Tahs actually winning a game against decent opposition will hopefully give the journos something else to write about.

Status
Not open for further replies.