• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
An article on rugby development in Cairns. Highlights why it's important the trial games are held outside the Metro areas

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2013/01/29/238774_local-sport-news.html

My nephew is manager, & has a son playing representative rugby as a fly half for the regional U16's. The thing is he, like a lot of his fellow players, is also playing in the junior rugby league side.
And although my nephew is a rugby man through & through, he said the RL training program is much better than rugby's in that part of the world. Although rugby's is certainly improving.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
His problem, unfortunately, is that he doesn't stay in one piece for long periods. So far.

That's a fair call. I have been interested in his development since the East Coast Aces played here on the Gold Coast. He and Ben Mowen were my favourite players. He always gives 100% and at times tries to give more. I feel he needs to try not to involve himself as much in the heavier work. I have never seen a 9 or 10 do so much tackling and work at the breakdown.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think a lot can be said for growing up in a family of very competitive boys. You can imagine their back yard games of rugby being quite full on.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds have announced a "XXXX Mates Membership" for the Tahs match.

It's $35 to get a silver seat which is only $5 more than what a seat costs on Ticketek, and that difference is almost cancelled out once you add on the Ticketek Booking fees of minimum $4.65.

So considering you get a scarf, stubby cooler and brewery tour in this "membership" it looks like a pretty good deal. Very good actually, especially if you win the trip to XXXX Island.

http://www.redsmembership.com.au/xxxx-membership.html

• Reserved Silver ticket for Reds v Waratahs Super Rugby home game (23 February 2013)
  • Exclusive access to the XXXX Gold Mates Bar in the stadium precinct for Reds v Waratahs
  • Entry in the ‘Win a trip to XXXX Island for you and three mates’ competition
  • XXXX Brewery Tour
  • Priority purchase period for Castrol EDGE Rugby Championship Test Match in Brisbane
  • Priority purchase period for IRB Gold Coast Sevens
  • Match Day Benefits:
  • Free public transport
  • Exclusive access to Reds Members Bar*
  • Access to Reds Members Dining Room
  • 10% discount on Reds merchandise
  • Invitation to exclusive Reds Members Tour
  • Weekly Reds e-News
  • XXXX Gold Mates Membership Merchandise:
  • Reds member scarf
  • Reds 2013 Season Guide
  • Reds Sticker
  • Lanyard
  • XXXX Gold Stubby cooler

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It's quite a clever package. The carrot of XXXX Island will lure a few people out to boost sales.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's quite a clever package. The carrot of XXXX Island will lure a few people out to boost sales.

Also, because it's early in the season, if people enjoy it, it's not too big a stretch to convert them to a 4 game membership for the rest of the season.

Any that do that I would assume would count for two in the "Members" count?

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
It is. I decided to ignore that as it only hindered my joke.

They won't be able to launch the XXXX Bitter membership packages unless things go bad part way through the season.

I see you're already on the XXXX draught beer (creating a lot of wind). ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm just trying to entertain myself (and hopefully a few others) while we wait for the season to start.

If you want to make some jokes about Tooheys New, go ahead. Arguably Tooheys New is a complete joke in itself.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
At least they switched onto the fact that Qlders wont support Tooheys New. We Lion tried to have it as their rugby beer it wasn't popular north of the border.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It is a terrible beer. It's not very popular south of the border either.

To continue on this tangent, XXXX Bitter is one of the better generic beers in Australia (i.e. out of the category involving VB, Carlton Draught, Tooheys New etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.