• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It is a terrible beer. It's not very popular south of the border either.

To continue on this tangent, XXXX Bitter is one of the better generic beers in Australia (i.e. out of the category involving VB, Carlton Draught, Tooheys New etc.).

There's no such thing as a terrible beer, as long as it is cold, has some bubbles, and you are thirsty enough.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's no such thing as a terrible beer, as long as it is cold, has some bubbles, and you are thirsty enough.

My beer scale can't go from 7 out of 10 to 10 out of 10 otherwise it becomes really difficult to compare lots of beers!

I need to use the low numbers too... for Tooheys New.

T

TOCC

Definitely prefer beer talk over 'curling'

Where's CFS at in terms of injury? Would've been good to see him get some game time in the trials.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Talking rugby, the Blues squad has been named. Looks weak.
Blues newcomers to face strong Reds outfit
Thursday January 31, 2013 Source: ONE Sport
The Blues' young newcomers will get the chance to test themselves against a powerful Reds outfit when the two sides meet for their first pre-season trial of the year in Toowoomba on Saturday.....​
While the Blues will take a 27-man squad featuring 18 uncapped players across the Tasman, they will come up against a Reds side boasting 11 capped Wallabies from 2012.....​
Blues: 15. Marty McKenzie, 14. Waisake Naholo, 13. Malakai Fekitoa, 12. Jackson Willison, 11. Frank Halai, 10. Baden Kerr, 9. Bryn Hall, 8. Peter Saili, 7. Luke Braid (C), 6. Kane Barrett, 5. Ronald Raaymakers, 4. Liaki Moli, 3. Angus Ta'avao, 2. James Parsons, 1. Tom McCartney.​
Reserves: Albert Nikoro, Lolagi Visinia, Pita Ahki, Francis Saili, Jamison Gibson-Park, Joe Edwards, Sean Polwart, Brendon O'Connor, Steven Luatua, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Tim Perry, Quentin MacDonald.​

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
It seems that the first trial game is been used by the coaches to give the newbies a run.
The second week will probably see the more regular players in with the more successful newbies.
Of course there is always some exceptions.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah. Also, four of the Oz sides only have two trials so can't muck around quite as much the other sides that have the extra week.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lots of ITM Cup players rewarded there; Raaymakers, Halai, Kerr, Barrett, McKenzie, Fekitoa, Hall, Gibson-Park, Edwards. You may not have heard of them but they were all stand outs in the ITM.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
That is a very fresh Blues outfit. There's a couple I expect to make a splash in the next 2-3 years (Halai, Raaymakers, and Moli among them) but, on paper, this is not a strong outfit. Sadly for the Blues this isn't as far from full strength as one would expect.

They'll earn a few surprises this year the Blues but don't expect consistency.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
What's the micro-brewing scene like in Australia these days? I mean, the generics here in America are fucking horrendously bad and probably always will be as long as people will still buy cases of Bud Light but the micro-brew industry is pretty huge now so getting really high quality beer from a guy brewing less than ~50 miles from where you live is generally pretty easy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What's the micro-brewing scene like in Australia these days? I mean, the generics here in America are fucking horrendously bad and probably always will be as long as people will still buy cases of Bud Light but the micro-brew industry is pretty huge now so getting really high quality beer from a guy brewing less than ~50 miles from where you live is generally pretty easy.

Micro-brewers have really taken off in Australia too in recent years. There are now many excellent small brewers and the local beer selection in good bottle shops is excellent.

Plenty of pubs have also expanded their beer offerings and will often have some good boutique beers amongst the generics. There are also plenty of pubs that have lots of taps offering a wide selection of micro-brew beers.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is what I like to see. While all the other GAGR Super 15 posts are talking about the pros & cons of their players/teams, the Reds followers are more concerned about their beer.
Very lay back fellas.
For me it's a Boags.

p.s. I hope the Reds team is not in the same frame of mind.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think the Reds players will be very focused on the trial games at the moment.
I think most Reds supporters are pretty happy with how thing are going at the moment. We have a coach that we trust, a good squad of mostly fit players and some real talent on the fringes trying to break in. The QRU are working hard to push boundaries in terms of membership and support for grassroots rugby through their aggregation programs. I for one think that they will reach their target of 40K members by the end of the season.
With all that said I think that we could do with some more local Qld beers. Most of the good Aust boutique beers are from interstate.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
We have a settled squad, we know who the leaders are, and only lost one squad member last year. Not much to talk about

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

something

Jim Clark (26)
Reds are again a contender for the premiership - who do you guys think will be the other teams to beat? any unexpected's?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
S Finger out of tonight's trial after pulling up sore from training, whatever that means. Should be right for the Chiefs game.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
This is what I like to see. While all the other GAGR Super 15 posts are talking about the pros & cons of their players/teams, the Reds followers are more concerned about their beer.
Very lay back fellas.
For me it's a Boags.

p.s. I hope the Reds team is not in the same frame of mind.
Thats because we can think about how great it was watching them win S15 while having a beer, other supporters in Australia cant do that.

We also need to plan on what beer to drink this year when they win again

T

TOCC

S Finger out of tonight's trial after pulling up sore from training, whatever that means. Should be right for the Chiefs game.

from The Australian website the soreness is due to 'wear and tear', not a good sign this early in the season for Saia...

Kevin Davis, the british lad has been brought in to provide cover at hooker, apparently he has been training as a hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.