• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Reds, 27 June @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Taps should be 12. Is his very best spot. Have only seen Kerevi once or twice, but appears to me that he is lacking a bit in top line speed to make it at Super level. Am I wrong?

Don't get me started on this, @sully is sick of me mentioning this each week when Dick names the team. Glade someone outside of the reds fans base see this.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Don't get me started on this, @sully is sick of me mentioning this each week when Dick names the team. Glade someone outside of the reds fans base see this.
I agree as well Taps is a 12

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Does anyone KNOW what position Taps PREFERS to play?

I remenber himat school level and always thought he would be a fantastic 10. Good footwork, good hands, good tackler, good in contact , pretty good kick

Dene

Peter Burge (5)
Rebels:
1 Smith
2 Leafa
3 Weeks
4 Neville
5 Jones
6 McMahon
7 Fainga'a
8 Higginbotham
9 Burgess
10 Hegarty
11 English
12 Inman
13 Ellison
14 Woodward
15 Debreczeni

16 Horie
17 Ah-Nau
18 Alo-Emile
19 Pyle
20 Fuglistaller
21 Stirzaker
22 Veainu Sau
23 Kingston

Interesting switch of Woodward to the wing. Rebels to start Jack D at 15 next year?

*forgot to add 23 ;)

T

Train Without a Station

Interesting tactic with the 7 man bench too. Intrigued to see how this one pans out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting switch of Woodward to the wing. Rebels to start Jack D at 15 next year?

Ignoring Crawford, Shipperley, Harris signings?

I think it's because the Rebels have run out of wingers, who is the 23, Veainu or Kingston?

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Kingston is 23 according to the newsletter.

Interesting starting Jack D, I'm interested to see how he goes but I'd rather avoid the wooden spoon and win over experimenting.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah that's strange to be playing over Kingston then. Strong team regardless, would call it full strength.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Woodie on the wing is a weird one, but good to see Jack D get a start.

Will one of D and Hegarty take over the kicking duties, or given Harris is coming down next year, Woody retains it?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

I remenber himat school level and always thought he would be a fantastic 10. Good footwork, good hands, good tackler, good in contact , pretty good kick

To settle an argument between a mate and I back in 2011 one of us tweeted Taps and he (diplomatically) indicated that he prefers 12. From memory he was playing 13 at the time outside of Ant and we tweeted the pair of them. His preference may have changed since then though.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I think with the Rebels team you are getting a glimpse of next year. Dare say Horie and Sau are heading back to Japan next year. Surprised to see Scott start on the bench, but happy for Colby to get a start in his preferred position. Like our Japanese friends Woody on the wing is no surprise as they want to see how Jack D starts in that position. That cannon of a boot will come in handy if it's going to be that dour kind of affair.

A good team to take on the Reds.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wouldn't the Japs just be on the bench as they've been away with the national team the last few weeks and would barely have trained with the Rebels lately?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Wouldn't the Japs just be on the bench as they've been away with the national team the last few weeks and would barely have trained with the Rebels lately?

Thought that at first, but McMahon is starting and he has just come back from JWC. Same could be said for our wallaby trio, but to a lesser degree.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not sure about both Burgess and Stirzaker being in the match day squad, they both have been out injured so would think Meehan is the better choice on the bench.

Rebels by 9 anyway, Reds to many injuries and can't believe I can even say they have a worse coach than the Rebels.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)

Thats why he should be 12 outside cooper, even lucas for the weekend.
Ant's best skill set is tackling and contact. Perfect 13 option....Like the good olds of the reds. (which was just last year)

Anyway, who know what going on inside the Reds.
It Just has a busy Departure Lounge at the moment.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I hate pumping up guys from my own club too much but geez I really wish Kerevi had got a start this game, its genuinely annoying me that he hasn't been given ample chance this year to show hes the difference maker the Reds need. The guy looks like he'll score nearly every time he touches the ball during the Prems games.

Anyway, you'd think Graham would realise its time to try something different instead of a variation of a back line that has been consistently average all year but alas, maybe next week.

Not when the coach is consistently average, for the very reason you suggest. Graham needs to man up, and make some ballsy decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.