• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, 27 June @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I thought we were Canada, NSW was the US, and Queensland was Mexico, because you're heading towards the equator, and the stereotypes fit the states better.

No, you've got it all wrong. Victorians are the Mexicans because they're crossing the borders into the promised land in droves & bringing their peculiar habits and customs with them ( AFL, potato cakes etc) NSW are just the fluffybunnys in the middle nobody likes ;-)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Reds will want to dominate early while the starting forwards are on the field. Not much quality in the bench. Rebels backs should have it over their counterparts.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd say our bench forwards will still have it over their Rebels counterparts. Somehow, 3 out of 5 of the bench Reds forwards have earnt Wallaby caps, with the last one included in the Wallaby squad last year.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
At some point you'd think Kerevi will get a start to see what difference he can make in the game early.

Not this week though.

I just want taps to play 12 so badly

Taps should be 12. Is his very best spot. Have only seen Kerevi once or twice, but appears to me that he is lacking a bit in top line speed to make it at Super level. Am I wrong?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
its going to be very very cold and wet and probably windy on friday night. the battle up front will (as almost always) determine this match. i think both packs are pretty evenly matched, the rebels back row may just have the edge.
i suspect a low scoring, really close, mistake ridden, dour, joyless encounter, which will make the Melbourne test match look like a Baa Baa's rugby fest as each team attempts to play down the other end.
rebels by not much over reds by a bit less. a befitting finale to the battle for wooden spoon

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Taps should be 12. Is his very best spot. Have only seen Kerevi once or twice, but appears to me that he is lacking a bit in top line speed to make it at Super level. Am I wrong?

I'd have him starting now with Taps. As for speed I don't think he's slower than taps, Ant, Godwin, Jnr R, To'omua, Smith etc etc.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hate pumping up guys from my own club too much but geez I really wish Kerevi had got a start this game, its genuinely annoying me that he hasn't been given ample chance this year to show hes the difference maker the Reds need. The guy looks like he'll score nearly every time he touches the ball during the Prems games.

Anyway, you'd think Graham would realise its time to try something different instead of a variation of a back line that has been consistently average all year but alas, maybe next week...

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Hopefully he gets plenty of game time in the remaining three matches, but hasn't he also been injured for a large part of the season?

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I'd have him starting now with Taps. As for speed I don't think he's slower than taps, Ant, Godwin, Jnr R, To'omua, Smith etc etc.

Reg any chance of getting Woody back on the podcast? He used to almost have a regular slot. Would love to know some of the thinking behind some of his decisions.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hopefully he gets plenty of game time in the remaining three matches, but hasn't he also been injured for a large part of the season?

This is true, I believe he missed about 5 or 6 games through injury but has been back to full health for the last couple of months. The International window with the Super Rugby hiatus probably came at a bad time for him as he was just finding his form back.

Status
Not open for further replies.