• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Hurricanes - Super Rugby 2016 Rd 8 AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rebels need to go back to McMahon as captain. Stirzaker just can't lead a side at this level. JD should be made play club rugby tomorrow, that was nearly as poor as the ground.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
To be fair, tonight it has been the best by some distance compared to all the other games this season.
yes, maybe he got the hard word.
certainly defended like a maniac, marshaling troops v.well on own goal line. He may be even better than TKB at that facet
Back 3 for the Canes playing very well.
wow, didnt know Woodward was even capable of playing that well

Rebs thumped but still tackled well, Canes always gonna score 20 or 30, youve just gotta match it. Rebs attack just non-existent

T

TOCC

AAMI Park's playing surface is an absolute joke, its been like this all season.. If it keeps getting torn up like this theres the risk of injuring a player. The ARU should be concerned that a Test Match against England is supposed to be getting played at this ground in just over 6 weeks.
f6001b39989e54ac1c17e7567f9a6ce2

b93bdd67edd7ff38486420555ac7f2f4

Dene

Peter Burge (5)
Woodward looks the goods, his kick-to-self finally worked after 3 years of trying. Also impressed with the Canes' try on the Rebels' over-the-line ruck, had me scratching my head for a while.

Meehan's service looks way too slow. Good that he's cut out the box kick, but with passes above the head every time I'm not surprised that Jack couldn't launch any attack in the second half.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
JD could not launch attack full stop. Really annoyed we lost Hegarty cause JD is going backwards.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Fart/Shitty will be done after this weekend, with the Roar beating Victory, there's no way they can host another game. Hopefully the groundspeople will fix it up for the Rugbys

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
AAMI Park's playing surface is an absolute joke, its been like this all season.. If it keeps getting torn up like this theres the risk of injuring a player. The ARU should be concerned that a Test Match against England is supposed to be getting played at this ground in just over 6 weeks.
f6001b39989e54ac1c17e7567f9a6ce2

b93bdd67edd7ff38486420555ac7f2f4

It certainly improves drainage, but these sand based sports fields don't really work for the rugby codes. For the reasons shown above.

http://www.parksleisure.com.au/documents/item/1082

Or as the Sports Turf Institute might say:

4.4 Sand or soil as a root zone? The bulk of our major sports fields are built out of sand. The primary reason for this is drainage, and the reduced risk that a sand-based system will become waterlogged and unplayable. But sand systems are not for everyone. Converting to a sand profile will not only be a major capital investment, but will also increase on-going maintenance cost and challenge.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It certainly improves drainage, but these sand based sports fields don't really work for the rugby codes. For the reasons shown above.

http://www.parksleisure.com.au/documents/item/1082

Or as the Sports Turf Institute might say:

4.4 Sand or soil as a root zone? The bulk of our major sports fields are built out of sand. The primary reason for this is drainage, and the reduced risk that a sand-based system will become waterlogged and unplayable. But sand systems are not for everyone. Converting to a sand profile will not only be a major capital investment, but will also increase on-going maintenance cost and challenge.

I guess a complete relaying of the pitch may be the only solution.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Utter tosh. Jack had better not start next week.

He didn't have a great game by any means but it's a bit hard getting the line moving when your first two/three steps involve you juggling the ball at or above your face level.

Some of the passing from Meehan made him look like a scrum half from an American college side.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Bogan has decided he will play well today.

Jack can't possibly be right. He isn't kicking, he's defending on the wing, he's not looking to run the ball.

To my eyes, he was defending against Julian Savea and made a very good fist of it. Was the only player all night who was able to stop Savea one on one.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Some observations on individuals:

Laurie Weeks - solid in the scrum but not dominating against a side not renowned as one of the better scrummaging sides. One tight head against the Rebels. Didn't notice Laurie at all in open play. Didn't do his Wallabies' prospects any favours.

Sef Naivalu - if Sef's the fastest player in Aus rugby, we have a real problem. Couldn't catch Cory Jane, who others here say is now on the slow side, and then later was easily run down from behind by Jane again. Otherwise, not a bad performance at 13.

Reece Hodge - shown up in a number of aspects as not yet up to Super standard.

The Rebels' lineout is still a bit of a mess. These days, a side cannot go into a super game with only two jumpers. Didn't seem to matter who was throwing into the lineout, Hanson or Leafa, the Canes must have come away with almost 50% of the Rebels' ball.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well enjoyed the game, like DP, I didn't think Woodward had that type of game in him. By gee Ardie is playing bloody good rugby at 7.
Like everyone else pissed at the pitch, mind you the groundsman at Suncorp will be happy, there a worse pitch than theis!!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just a master class by the Canes, looked like 2 differnet grades of rugby playing tonite. One word, accuracy.
there are only two classes of rugby in Super 18, the top 4 NZ provinces and the rest. if the Blues get their act together they may leap out of the second tier as well. The Stormers, Lions and Bulls are always hard to beat at home, but none are as comprehensively skilled at an individual or team level as the Highlanders, Hurricanes, Crusaders or Chiefs at the moment.

Jockbok

Frank Row (1)
Was an Edinburgh Season Ticket holder at Murrayfield a few years ago when every scrum saw loads of turf rolled up like carpets and teams of groundsmen doing their best to patch things up. The problem was put down to nematode worms. After treating the pitch with garlic ( i kid you not) the pitch was completely relaid with a mixture of grass and plastic at the end of the season.

Does anyone think our first try last night might have been helped by Savea losing his footing in the sand?

Status
Not open for further replies.