• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Hurricanes - Super Rugby 2016 Rd 8 AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Now it's time we start to see how we really stand with the rest of the Competition, both teams have played 6 and won 4.

Hoping the week off has helped the Rebels get some much needed rest after jet setting the world in the first 6 rounds.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
C'mon Rebels! This is your game. It's so important for Aussie conference

uploadfromtaptalk1460353382034.jpg

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Does anybody know if Sefa played DS? The Club don't update us these days, so tough to know if he has the match fitness to mount a case for return to the starting side.

Assuming he does, I'd go with:

Smith, Hanson, Weeks, Jones, Timani, Reid, McMahon, Thomson, Stirzaker, Debreczeni, Shipperley, Inman, Ellison, Naivalu, Crawford

Leafa, Hagan, Cruze, Jeffries, Fug, Meeno, Hodge, Matsushima

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think the whole squad had the week off, so I'd assume he will be starting on the bench. Meaning Hodge will start at FB and Craw on the wing. Otherwise pretty much the same.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Sefa played ~25 minutes for Box Hill on the Weekend. Came off the bench, so no injury worries. Was behind the bar, so I didn't get much opportunity to focus on him, but Hills were a little on the back foot for a chunk of the time he was on, so didn't really get a chance on attack. Resolute on D though, and I don't know if it's genuine leadership or just that he's a pro, but he got the boys to lift their D all round IMO.

Talk was that a start before the Blues game was unlikely unless injury forced, but should still be in Rebels colours the next 3 weeks.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
So basically half the South African and Australian teams are faring worse than the Blues. God that must be depressing.
ha, Blues 2 wins from 6 played means they're a mid-table side here in the 2016 nanny state commie pinko "ribbon for everyone" let's kowtow to SA/ARU tv$$ Super 27.
http://www.superxv.com/overall-super-rugby-standings/

If I win the seppo $1.6 billion powerball I'm marching straight back to NZ, straight into Tew's office and saying, "look fatty, fuck the foreigners, here's a billion to invest so no prick ever has to leave for the flop and waddle bullshit rugby up north or fly around the earth 12 times in 3 weeks for that Super 28 bullshit. We'll play Aus cos' they're close but fuck the rest. And fuck this conference pinko libtard bullshit, from now on everyone plays each other home and away. That's it. And the NZ'er s get paid whatever the expats up north are on. Oh, and get Piutau and Halai back at the Blues by their weekend match or the fuckin deal is off."

oops thread digression uh Go Canes

Reactions: Tex

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
from the Rebels website, injury update

Colby Fainga’a is set to undergo a fitness test ahead of the Melbourne Rebels clash with the Hurricanes at AAMI Park on Friday night.
The flanker has been sidelined with an elbow injury since the Rebels opening round victory over the Force at nib Stadium, Perth.
Winger Sefa Naivalu successfully returned from a broken leg with a second-half appearance against the Waratahs in Sydney prior to the bye weekend.
Tom English, Steve Cummins and Mike Harris continue their rehab.

The Melbourne Rebels injury update following the Round 7 bye:
Colby Fainga’a (Elbow): Test
Tom English (Knee): 3-5 weeks
Steve Cummins (Hamstring): 3-5 weeks
Mike Harris (Quad): 4-6 weeks

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
No Metch on the list. Hagans been good enough that there's no rush, but it'd be nice to see him grab a game or two late in the season when he's got some match fitness built up.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Metch played for the Rams a few weeks ago, i think Dewar Shield first round. But agree, Hagan has been good off the bench.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
If I win the seppo $1.6 billion powerball I'm marching straight back to NZ, straight into Tew's office and saying, "look fatty, fuck the foreigners, here's a billion to invest so no prick ever has to leave for the flop and waddle bullshit rugby up north or fly around the earth 12 times in 3 weeks for that Super 28 bullshit. We'll play Aus cos' they're close but fuck the rest. And fuck this conference pinko libtard bullshit, from now on everyone plays each other home and away. That's it. And the NZ'er s get paid whatever the expats up north are on. Oh, and get Piutau and Halai back at the Blues by their weekend match or the fuckin deal is off."

Oh bullshit Pillock, as if you aren't going to sink it into your Pitcairn holding companies. At least until a disgruntled employee/partner of Kellaher, Kellaher, and Kellaher leaks a list of their clients.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
ha, Blues 2 wins from 6 played means they're a mid-table side here in the 2016 nanny state commie pinko "ribbon for everyone" let's kowtow to SA/ARU tv$$ Super 27.
http://www.superxv.com/overall-super-rugby-standings/

oops thread digression uh Go Canes
You gotta pay back the GAGR Student Loan first. The interest rate was on page 846 of the PDS. Strangely, it's about $1.6 billion and change.............

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
They might be equal top on points in the Australian conference but I have been totally unimpressed with the Rebels recent form. They nearly got beat by the Tahs, who have been absolutely pants this season!

I am forecasting that the Rebels will be taken to the cleaners. Hurrycans by 15.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Hurricanes team. Woody returns to AAMI park. New midfield and some changes in the tight five.

HURRICANES (15-1): Jason Woodward, Cory Jane, Matt Proctor, Vince Aso, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Victor Vito, Ardie Savea, Brad Shields, Michael Fatialofa, Vaea Fifita, Jeff Toomaga-Allen, Dane Coles (c), Reggie Goodes
Reserves: Leni Apisai, Chris Eves, Ben May, Mark Abbott, Tony Lambourn, Jamison Gibson-Park, Otere Black, Ngani Laumape

Status
Not open for further replies.