• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Force Rd 14 Sun 29th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Chris Alcock always seems to shine when he is starting in place of Hodgo (being the man!) rather than replacing him off the bench. A much better ball runner, the Force need him to break a few tackles and offload to the quick guys.

Hopefully the inclusion of Coleman, DHP and Morahan in the Wallabies squad will free them up for big games. Grant needs to spark something at 10 otherwise you question if he will be there next year with changes afoot at the club. Embrace the role of finals spoilers......Go Force!

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Chris Alcock always seems to shine when he is starting in place of Hodgo (being the man!) rather than replacing him off the bench. A much better ball runner, the Force need him to break a few tackles and offload to the quick guys.

Hopefully the inclusion of Coleman, DHP and Morahan in the Wallabies squad will free them up for big games. Grant needs to spark something at 10 otherwise you question if he will be there next year with changes afoot at the club. Embrace the role of finals spoilers..Go Force!
Finals spoilers? Are the rebels still a finals chance? I would settle for a better game than what was served up last year at this venue although I have no double that your vies of that match may be different to mine Moono

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Think I found the only Force fans at the stadium
f7df4d064509941e5688a249702fcec7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What the hell was going on in that AR's head?! o_O

It was either taken out by Mathewson (which it was and he got wrong), or it was out on the full and the lineout gets taken back...........

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
No coordination it seems.

Might as well just let Hodge do what he wants, will be the only way we score.

Seemingly some salty fans around at the game frustrated that the Forces kicking game is working.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Surely there have been at least 2 use its before infringement in the last couple of Mauls.

Shouldn't be allowed to go backwards/nowhere for that long

G

galumay

Well so far the only thing to come out of this game is the Wobblies squad loses another back with Harris out with a hamstring.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Sefas still a quality finisher even without his express pace.

Toby is playing quite well at tighthead.

Morahan is playing well too, as is Coleman.

You're a relentless pessimist who's sky blue bias is almost unmatched Galumay but shut up nonetheless.

G

galumay

You're a relentless pessimist who's sky blue bias is almost unmatched Galumay but shut up nonetheless.

LOL! I dont think anyone has ever accused me of "sky blue' bias before, thats a new one! I reckon I would be one of their harshest markers on this forum.

I guess realism looks like pessimism to an optimist!

You should try playing the ball rather than the man.

Honestly, its not a great exhibition of rugby. 60 minutes of basic errors indespersed with a couple of minutes of individual skill.

(listening to gregan drone on with his rambling doesnt help the entertainment level.)

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
LOL! I dont think anyone has ever accused me of "sky blue' bias before, thats a new one! I reckon I would be one of their harshest markers on this forum.

I guess realism looks like pessimism to an optimist!

You should try playing the ball rather than the man.

Honestly, its not a great exhibition of rugby. 60 minutes of basic errors indespersed with a couple of minutes of individual skill.

(listening to gregan drone on with his rambling doesnt help the entertainment level.)
The only positive things you've ever said about any Australian side, regardless of performance have been the Tahs. That's one eyed from a pessimist.

Calling your posting realism is like calling the Australian or the Guardian an unbiased source, it only appears that way when you already share the viewpoint.

In your initial post in the thread you said the only thing of relevance was Harris' injury. That's either pessimism or ignorance, pick one.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well it was a pretty dire performance from both teams. but a win is a win. the officiating again almost as bad as the playing.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
well it was a pretty dire performance from both teams. but a win is a win. the officiating again almost as bad as the playing.

Nothing could be as bad as the reffing tonight. Well, the free 'pizza shapes' from the giveaway o the way home could top it. They are fucking terrible.

Still, some much better signs, but the Force were much better than the usual game. Morahan's try was wonderful, so we're both of Sefas.

Stirz was much better tonight. More of that firm, and we will have our old Nick back.

We missed Mike, hope he gets over his injury for the Wallabies. Otherwise, I recommend I know a handy replacement.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Nothing could be as bad as the reffing tonight. Well, the free 'pizza shapes' from the giveaway o the way home could top it. They are fucking terrible.

Still, some much better signs, but the Force were much better than the usual game. Morahan's try was wonderful, so we're both of Sefas.

Stirz was much better tonight. More of that firm, and we will have our old Nick back.

We missed Mike, hope he gets over his injury for the Wallabies. Otherwise, I recommend I know a handy replacement.
Does his name rhyme with Deece Modge?

G

galumay

The only positive things you've ever said about any Australian side, regardless of performance have been the Tahs.

Wrong, but dont let the truth get in the way of your prejudice.

Calling your posting realism is like calling the Australian or the Guardian an unbiased source, it only appears that way when you already share the viewpoint.

Skipping the awkward and irrelevant analogy, my realism seems to have a few who share the viewpoint in this thread alone.

In your initial post in the thread you said the only thing of relevance was Harris' injury. That's either pessimism or ignorance, pick one.

..or its reality, at that point in the error ridden game it was certainly the most notable incident - with wider impact.

Your contention that those who dont share your world view are either perrimists or ignorant is not really a very constructive approach to discussion.

Why not just put forward your view without attacking those who see it differently? If you found that a high class and entertaining game then tell us with passion why you felt that way.

If you felt there were other takeaways from the game at the point that Harris was injured, then rather than playing the man, play the ball and tell us what you thought those takeaways were - who knows, I might well be enlightened by your views!

Status
Not open for further replies.