• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Force Rd 14 Sun 29th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Rebels team will be up tomorrow, according to MR Twitter dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Force Team (we come in first in something)

1 Pek Cowan (C)
2 Harry Scoble
3 Guy Millar
4 Ross Haylett-Petty
5 Adam Coleman
6 Brynard Stander
7 Chris Alcock
8 Ben McCalman
9 Alby Mathewson
10 Peter Grant
11 Luke Morahan
12 Kyle Godwin
13 Ben Tapuai
14 Marcel Brache
15 Dane Haylett-Petty

16. Heath Tessmann
17. Francois Van Wyk
18. Tetera Faulkner
19. Rory Walton
20. Angus Cottrell
21. Ryan Louwrens
22. Solomoni Rasolea
23. Semisi Masirewa
- See more at: https://www.westernforce.com.au/article/cowan-lead-force-battle-rebels#sthash.wRS4uXmg.dpuf

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
1. Cruze Ah Nau
2. James Hanson
3. Toby Smith
4. Luke Jones
5. Lopeti Timani
6. Sean McMahon
7. Jordy Reid
8. Colby Fainga’a
9. Nic Stirzaker (Captain)
10. Mike Harris
11. Tom English
12. Reece Hodge
13. Mitch Inman
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Jack Debreczeni
Reserves
16. Pat Leafa
17. Tom Moloney
18. Tim Metcher
19. Culum Retallick
20. Scott Fuglistaller
21. Adam Thomson
22. Ben Meehan
23. Jonah Placid

Toby to Tighthead, Jordy to Start with Thommo on the bench, Jack and Mike switch, still no Ellison, 6-2 split on the bench with Fugs included.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Not a bad team, considering.

So RY ang RL, how did Jonah injure himself at training? Is it serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
WOW
so Hagan, the Big Red, Matsushima, gone, No Ellison or Cummins

i think the Rebels have the better bench. i actually think they will need it

edit: Ellison has a calf injury ? season over

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Toby to tight head is interesting. Thompson to the bench is a bit harsh, been one of the best all year. Althought with 3 opensides on the field we should dominate the breakdown.

Have to wait and see.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
a TT tactic ?

suspect further changes yet. JD and MH have played interchangeably from phase play any way.

did Hagan go off injured again the Chiefs as well ? (i didn't watch live and couldn't be bothered torturing myself with the replay)

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
so can we take it that Ellison was originally going to play FB and JD cut up the oranges

Hodge was originally going to play FB, with jack on the bench. Because Mike spent the whole week trianing at 10, they decided to stick with that when Tamati got hurt

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I believe he is done for the season unfortunately, which means done in a Rebels jersey. Real shame, he has been a wonderful player for the Rebels on and off the field

That's terrible news. You're right, he's been fantastic for the Rebels. I hope he elects to stick around and stayed involved at the Rebels. He could play a really good mentoring role for the players.

Moving forward, it's now a good time to see how a Hodge/Inman pairing will go in the midfield. I hope Mr Cox is looking at some long-term ink for Hodge.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I believe he is done for the season unfortunately, which means done in a Rebels jersey. Real shame, he has been a wonderful player for the Rebels on and off the field
That is a shame. I think I heard yesterday that it's a calf injury he picked up at training?

Slightly surprising then that they've gone for JD at fullback and left Placid on the bench. I'd have thought that Placid would have a lot more time training at full back.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
so was Hagan dropped or injured ?

Went into last week with a back complaint and that's why he only lasted 20-30. I'm assuming that's why he is out? Cocker not getting a look-in on the bench surprises me but I am happy to see Cruze starting

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wonder if TT anticipates a Force kicking game since the Rebels are trotting out a pretty sharp backrow. JD at 15 will utilise his kicking game well. But then again he is prone to poor play and the wingers aren't renown kickers. Be interesting to see how each team plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.