• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Chiefs, Round 13, 21 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Chiefs midfield back Charlie Ngatai is out of their match against the Rebels on Saturday after suffering a head knock against the Highlanders.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Boo for Charlie, heads knocks are terrible. Speedy recovery. He's a dangerous character with ball in hand, so wonder who will step up to replace him?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Melbourne Rebels injury update following Round 12 v Brumbies brought to you by Recover Sports Medicine:

Laurie Weeks (Hamstring): 6-8 weeks
Dan Hawkins (Back): Season Ending
Dom Shipperley (Knee): Season Ending
Cam Crawford (Broken Hand): Season Ending

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Looked a leg knock, the kind that would need a bit of ice and a bit of rest, stopping him going at more than 80% or so for the game, but not something that would keep him out long term.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Bad luck for Colby, but it's not as if the Rebels are short of backrowers. An opportunity for Reid to shine.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Chiefs: 15 Damian McKenzie, 14 Toni Pulu, 13 Seta Tamanivalu, 12 Anton Lienert-Brown, 11 James Lowe, 10 Aaron Cruden, 9 Brad Weber, 8 Michael Leitch, 7 Sam Cane, 6 Taleni Seu, 5 Brodie Retallick, 4 Dominic Bird, 3 Hiroshi Yamashita, 2 Nathan Harris, 1 Mitchell Graham. Replacements: 16 Hika Elliot, 17 Kane Hames, 18 Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, 19 Michael Allardice, 20 Tom Sanders, 21 Kayne Hammington, 22 Andrew Horrell, 23 Sam Vaka.

Lienert-Brown for Ngatai, no surprises there but Nathan Harris for Elliott certainly is, guy hasn't played in two years & Elliott has been going pretty well of late.

Rebels: 15 Mike Harris, 14 Sefa Naivalu, 13 Mitch Inman, 12 Reece Hodge, 11 Tom English, 10 Jack Debreczeni, 9 Nic Stirzaker (c), 8 Adam Thomson, 7 Colby Fainga’a, 6 Sean McMahon, 5 Lopeti Timani, 4 Sam Jeffries, 3 Jamie Hagan, 2 James Hanson, 1 Toby Smith. Replacements: 16 Siliva Siliva, 17 Cruze Ah Nau, 18 Tim Metcher, 19 Culum Retallick, 20 Jordy Reid, 21 Ben Meehan, 22 Jonah Placid, 23 Kotaro Matsushima

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
The way the Team Announcement reads, it certainly sounds like Tamati has been dropped.

We'll miss Jones but it gives Jeffries a good chance. I'm keen to see how Siliva goes.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I find it hard to believe that Tamati was dropped. He's been the backbone of our midfield defence. Still, Mitch will fill that void nicely.

Looks like a lot of players have succumbed to injury. Perhaps niggles have just got worse as the season has gone on.

I'm always optimistic, but nervous too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
I think we will get out pants pulled down in this one but in the spirit of blind GAGR optimism here we go.

Cruden to have a shocker and pass three incercept tries. Rebel front row to play out of their skins, locks out jump the chiefs locks and McMahon dominate Cane in the back row. Chiefs wide backs not to see the ball due to the forementioned intercepts.

Supa Sefa to go one better than the Blues game and score a full length try from behind the posts after picking up a stirzaker pass that missed the target.

Hmm, perhaps that last one is too close to reality for this post.

Anyway, I will be watching the game screaming at the ref to give is a fair go, cheering on the Rebels good plays, throwing up my arms at any chiefs break seeing the game through an increasing beer induced "clarity" as the game progresses. Bring it on.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Wet & thundery in HamNZ right now but by kickoff that should've passed through, forecast is ~12C, mostly cloudy & light winds. FMG holds up pretty well in the wet but you'd expect it to be a heavy track & fairly greasy, similar to AMI last night.

Really love to see the Rebs keep it close so Tribe don't get a try-scoring BP but suspect I'm gunna be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.