• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies Rnd 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Looks like not to many of us want to talk/guess what is going to happen here.

I hear yer...

Where to begin. With Lilo and Kuridrani coming back into the side the Ponies back line will be potent. The backs will have their work out for them. if there is any small weakness i'd say it would be with Jesse Mogg; didn't think he had the strongest game against the Stormers. Still a very dangerous unit. If we can slow down service to To'omua (who was brilliant on the weekend) they we might have a change to disrupt their rhythm.

I think the pack's biggest problem/challenge will be to stop Fardy - he had a brilliant game (lineout, breakdown and line busts). I think Luke Jones should be assigned the task to take him out of the game. If that can be done, then we might have an interesting game.

Higgers and Mowen battling for Wallabies contention will be good to watch, but since they have different style it might not be that much of a head-to-head. if there was slight chink the Ponies pack it was the 6 and 7; if fugs or sean can sniff out a plan they we might win more of that breakdown ball.

Gonna be a tough one, but I'll put my optimist hat on and hope for a good result. More ball in hand (no wasteful kicking), defend like madmen and take the chances as they come up.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Tough one to call.
Form would suggest the Brumbies. but form was also suggesting the Chiefs vs the Force.
Hopefully a match of great intensity - good to watch.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
After the last few weeks I'm back to the old mantra of maintaining low expectations and enjoying the each underdog victory as it comes.

So in that vein, I want to see no dropped passes, no crooked throws, no lazy kick chases or cover defence, and some exciting tries scored.

With my Wallabies cap on I'm also looking forward to seeing the Brumbies backline in action, even if it may be at our expense...

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
It always sucks to see players injury but that Artical release is awesome.. I wish the brumbies and other teams did weekly Injury updates.. good work Rebels

Not quite sure where to post this, but the Rebels are several classes above the other Super teams with their injury reporting. Very refreshing!

Agreed gents. They do a great job of it and they deserve a lot of credit for being out there. It's something that makes me feel a little more engaged with the Club. I can't compare it to other SM strategies as i don't really follow other Clubs.

The Rebels, through Adam Frier, have really got it together when it comes to social media. They've done this almost from the get go and actively encourage its use through the playing group and new updates. They players are quite amusing to follow and seem fairly comfortable taking the piss out of themselves. I have no doubt the same update will have already been posted on FB (my source) Instagram and Twitter.

As for thanking them on GAGR Peter Fairbain occasionally posts on here, so he may be reading this. If not, good 'ol Twitter works. I'm sure others in the Rebels read this so the message won't get unnoticed.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Agreed gents. They do a great job of it and they deserve a lot of credit for being out there. It's something that makes me feel a little more engaged with the Club. I can't compare it to other SM strategies as i don't really follow other Clubs.

The Rebels, through Adam Frier, have really got it together when it comes to social media. They've done this almost from the get go and actively encourage its use through the playing group and new updates. They players are quite amusing to follow and seem fairly comfortable taking the piss out of themselves. I have no doubt the same update will have already been posted on FB (my source) Instagram and Twitter.

As for thanking them on GAGR Peter Fairbain occasionally posts on here, so he may be reading this. If not, good 'ol Twitter works. I'm sure others in the Rebels read this so the message won't get unnoticed.

The Brumbies havent ever released what you see there but I do like there look a like comp..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-frc3/t1.0-9/1896728_10152237480894806_462049969_n.jpg
1959353_10152268148989806_588945312_n.png

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-frc1/t1.0-9/998159_10152207095034806_564929526_n.jpg

McLovin :)

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
For me the Brumbies are the form away team of the conference, hard to see them putting a foot wrong. Pressure on Mogg will be important, his ability to slice open defences when given a run up is one of the best in the comp, but he is fragile when pressured as we all know. The Wallaby fan in me hopes he overcomes that as I am a big believer, to me he has Cullen like ability on attack, but the Rebels fan in me says he needs to get hit.

If we can continue our good defence, but show more variation in attack we have a shot I believe. I can see Jones, Pyle and Higgers, McMahon etc causing major headaches if our forwards can get that mix of tight and loose right.

Status
Not open for further replies.