• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have said it every year but when are they going to release an old school blue cotton red panel white collar white cuff old style rugby top?
Didn’t they do that very early on? Either way, it would be popular. You are more likely to wear old school Rugby jerseys at other times. I very rarely (if ever) wear a replica jersey if I am not at a match.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dont think they are doing the 5pm wednesday thing anymore which is a real shame I really looked forward to it. I think its gunna be like test matches 2 days out, so we prob will find out later tomoz
game is Friday, so 48h is today, i notice Reds being named at 11 tomorrow so perhaps Rebels and Forec at same time.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Still think all teams should be forced to release on Wednesday even if they are playing on Sunday. If NRL and AFL teams can do it, surely Super Rugby teams all can as well
Yep take a note out of the NRL. They name a wider squad on Wednesday, and then refine it 24 hrs within kickoff. This allows for injury concerns etc.

Super Rugby could do similar; name a 26 man squad on Wednesday, and then refine it to the match-day 23 within 24hrs of kick off.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yep take a note out of the NRL. They name a wider squad on Wednesday, and then refine it 24 hrs within kickoff. This allows for injury concerns etc.

Super Rugby could do similar; name a 26 man squad on Wednesday, and then refine it to the match-day 23 within 24hrs of kick off.
And a weekly injury list with a timeframe for player’s returns

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
The storm do it every week so well, they put out a quick vid with Ponissi surely our media team can do the same with Stiles
Not just the Storm, every team in the NRL provides an injury update. It’s a participation requirement of playing in the NRL that all clubs do it.