• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
With Quade, Hodge and DHP on the field, the rebels really need 2 strike runners, as that is plenty of kicking and positional nous. If it can't be a 13 and wing, then it needs to be both wings (naivalu and koroibete), most likely with quade defending in backfield.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
To hold back a talented player within the limited world of Aus rugby because it hurts an opponent - how piss poor is that? You have Genia and Quade. This has me very interested in this team. Let's back off the attitude.

ARU massaged Qld depths after 2011 to provide Higgenbotham. You reckon in Qld that was popular?
He is contracted, just like plenty of other talented guys were when we had squad talent issues. I don’t recall any of them being released by any other franchise. We even allowed Jono Lance to return home last year to our detriment.

And it’s not any opponent - it’s NSW.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Tahs lost 2 good wings in kellaway and Naiyaravoro this season, not sure what is up with Rona cause he may have lost interest in winning his way back to Gold, might see him return to league soon..I think Sefa if he signs for Tahs needs to play a lot more at 13, if anything, playing there he can build a combination with Beale (12) and Folau (15), we know last week Folau and Sefa were not clicking thus why sefa kept going to the other wing to combine with Marika..once sefa and Israel start clicking, you can have another great winh/centre option in the wobblies, not to mention he is defensively good too..

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Magnay confirmed

From Twittter:

No press release to go with the announcement. I always find that weird. also, props to the graphic designer, who did his best to hide the fact Mangay isn't wearing Rebels kit.

Shit, where do we put all these Queenslanders?

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
Can't help but think that we may have seen the last of Sefa

From Twittter:

No press release to go with the announcement. I always find that weird. also, props to the graphic designer, who did his best to hide the fact Mangay isn't wearing Rebels kit.

Shit, where do we put all these Queenslanders?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Think we all need to remember that To'omua is unlikely to play in the 5-starts in 2019, given his club commitments. Unless Cheika really wants to see a few super games under his belt, I think he will be well managed going into the RWC.

2020 onwards, full steam ahead.

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
I'm going to go the other way, say he will have a masive EOYT and be the first choice wing in 2019.

Rebels won't want the first Vic Rebel to go interstate.

Neither would the fans, but I can imagine Cheik pulling a few strings to get him as much game time as possible before the WC With Marika, Maddocks, DHP, English plus 4 good centres (not including To'omua) chances will be limited.

That said, he is contracted for '19 so here's to seeing him at the Stockade next year :)

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
So assuming the Rebels roster is now full, their starting backline (subject to injuries of course) will look something like this

Genia
Cooper
Korebeite
Meakes
Hodge
Maddocks
DHP

With subs

Ruru
English
Naivalu

With To'omua still to come....... (the Real Madrid of Super rugby anyone? ;))

Can't find room for Magnay, Goddard, Tupou, Tuipuluto.

Magnay has made a brave call, or potentially (somehow) Melb offered him the most cash. He's got some form in this regard by snubbing the reds and chasing the cheddar heading to Japan for a year or two.

My read on this is that perhaps a couple of franchises have pegged him as a 'chasing the chequebook' type player and passed on him for that reason.

Clear the Reds and Tahs would be a much better fit as they're certainly in the market for a quality o/s back.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds..

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
So assuming the Rebels roster is now full, their starting backline (subject to injuries of course) will look something like this

Genia
Cooper
Korebeite
Meakes
Hodge
Maddocks
DHP

With subs

Ruru
English
Naivalu

With To'omua still to come... (the Real Madrid of Super rugby anyone? ;))

Can't find room for Magnay, Goddard, Tupou, Tuipuluto.

Magnay has made a brave call, or potentially (somehow) Melb offered him the most cash. He's got some form in this regard by snubbing the reds and chasing the cheddar heading to Japan for a year or two.

My read on this is that perhaps a couple of franchises have pegged him as a 'chasing the chequebook' type player and passed on him for that reason.

Clear the Reds and Tahs would be a much better fit as they're certainly in the market for a quality o/s back.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds..

My big concern is that they have signed him and are looking too offload someone like Meakes.

Who i think is a fantastic player, and a great foil for Quade.

autism awareness

Frank Row (1)
Dear Rebels Fans,

My son attends a small school in NSW for kids high on the autism spectrum that can't attend mainstream schools.

We have a Gala Dinner this week and are having an online auction to raise much needed funds for the school. The Auction items include; holidays, artwork and most importantly a load football jerseys including a signed and framed 2018 Rebels Jersey as well as a 2017 Wallabies signed and framed Jersey.

If anyone is interested in checking it out or bidding please use the links below.

The auction closes this Friday.

https://galabid.com/auction/vbgala/item/214866

https://galabid.com/auction/vbgala/item/214865

Good luck in 2019!

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Some interesting news I’ve read this morning. Sione Tuipulotu looks like he’s gone. Not sure where but if so very disappointing. Good luck mate.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Some interesting news I’ve read this morning. Sione Tuipulotu looks like he’s gone. Not sure where but if so very disappointing. Good luck mate.
where did that info come from ? rebels facebook page a couple of days ago playing up the combination of Tuipulotu, Magnay and Maddocks from Oz U20's.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
A friend told me it was on his dads f/b page. Hopefully it’s not for long but with all the recent signings you would have to say he slots down the pecking order. Bloody sad I say. This coach has come in got rid of all the pathway players bar a couple as well as some coaches and basically bought in the force players and some. Just Jordan, Fereti and Rob who I’m guessing won’t see any game time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.